Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New owner to be needs help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ian505050

New owner to be needs help Empty
PostSubject: New owner to be needs help   New owner to be needs help EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 3:55 pm

I have seen

BIKE 1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110931741149?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_838wt_1271

AND

BIKE 2

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-WR-250-F-12-Months-MOT-2-Owners-/221071160164?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item3378de3364#ht_500wt_1288

Hi, my names Ian and i live in Leeds England. I have been riding bikes for 5 years and owned about 30 bike in my time and decided i would like to give off road riding a go. I decided that the WR250 seems a good option but would like your advise on which bike is the better buy.

I am more than likely going to buy one of the two bikes this weekend.

I have a few questions.

1.) Do these bikes have hours run or mileage clocks?

2.) Does anybody have a PDF of the workshop manual so i can check servicing schedule.

3.) What are the common faults on this bike?
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: New owner to be needs help   New owner to be needs help EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 4:01 pm

Welcome! but errm.... that's an F. completely different bike than the WR250 R/X, an thus completely wrong forum... amazon

doubt you'll get an answer here, but maybe someone has / has had experience with an F here....
Back to top Go down
ian505050

PostSubject: Re: New owner to be needs help   New owner to be needs help EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi my error.

I know very little about any off road bikes and its actually the WR250R i am looking to buy

Please ignore the 2 ebay links above. I was unsure of what the F stood for until a little more research.

My aim is to get a 4 stroke offroad bike for about £2000 GBP. I want something relatively low mileage.

What are common faults on the WR250R?
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: New owner to be needs help   New owner to be needs help EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 4:27 pm

the WRR is an incredibly reliable machine. it just runs and runs.

The only fault that you can call a factory fault for this bike is the bad fuel pump in the 2008 models. This only affected some 2008 models (all years after that are fine). A bad batch of fuel pumps in 2008, gives problems and needs to be replaced.
Back to top Go down
Adam.

Adam.

PostSubject: Re: New owner to be needs help   New owner to be needs help EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:15 am

Hi, I am in the uk quite close to you and have just bought the supermoto version, services are oil changes every 3000 and oil and filter every 6000 so very low service costs, you may need to spend around £2500 to get a decent wr250r , the cheaper alternative is a tt250r which is Yamaha and I owned one before trading in for the wrx. There is a new uk / euro forum just started up for the wr250r / x which is more uk based.

http://wr250r-x-euro.activeboard.com/

Hope this helps. Adam.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New owner to be needs help   New owner to be needs help Empty

Back to top Go down

New owner to be needs help
Page 1 of 1