Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Ohlins from Greece?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TurbStLCards

TurbStLCards

Ohlins from Greece? Empty
PostSubject: Ohlins from Greece?   Ohlins from Greece? EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 11:41 pm

This interests me. I don't think it's a scam but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on these. Also, is the 102mm brake mounting he talks about an industry standard? I know we have the 102 spacing but could the angle be off a bit? Meaning, if the angle is off a bit, by the time you get from hub to the outside of my 320mm brake rotor the caliper could be very misaligned? Is that a possiblity? I was working a trade on ebay for some gold forks and a bit of cash but at this price I might as well get the Ohlins and have the real deal. Also I looked through his feedback and it looks like he might accept as low as $570 for these forks. Cheaper than having stockers sent off!

Whatcha think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140417444885?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: Ohlins from Greece?   Ohlins from Greece? EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 8:45 am

Not a standard, but it's fairly common I believe. Depending on your rotor you could be looking at needing an adapter to get the caliper (and pads) aligned for proper contact on the rotor.
Back to top Go down
TurbStLCards

TurbStLCards

PostSubject: Re: Ohlins from Greece?   Ohlins from Greece? EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 11:53 am

Coop wrote:
Not a standard, but it's fairly common I believe. Depending on your rotor you could be looking at needing an adapter to get the caliper (and pads) aligned for proper contact on the rotor.

Exactly!

I asked him for measurements from axle center to caliper bolt center. I think those two measurements are sufficient given that we are dealing with a circle.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Ohlins from Greece?   Ohlins from Greece? EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 4:39 pm

Do it and report back!

lurk
Back to top Go down
TurbStLCards

TurbStLCards

PostSubject: Re: Ohlins from Greece?   Ohlins from Greece? EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 8:00 pm

Do you have the forms I need to file for a bailout with the Feds if it doesn't work out?
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Ohlins from Greece?   Ohlins from Greece? EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 8:31 pm

Haha, I can't say that I do.

Do it anyway! What's the worst that could happen? cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ohlins from Greece?   Ohlins from Greece? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ohlins from Greece?
Page 1 of 1