Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Suspension Settings

Go down 
+2
dirtytrixx400
MNMike
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MNMike

Suspension Settings Empty
PostSubject: Suspension Settings   Suspension Settings EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 9:58 am

What and where do you ride, how much do you weigh, and what do you have your suspension dampings set to?
Back to top Go down
dirtytrixx400

dirtytrixx400

PostSubject: Re: Suspension Settings   Suspension Settings EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 12:43 pm

i have a r model and i use mine as a street legal dirt bike.powerline,pipeline and singletrack type riding. i weigh around 200lbs.
i started by setting all my clickers on the stock settings and adjusting as needed on the trail.
on the front i'm at 1click harder on the compression and 1 harder rebound....on the rear i'm at 2clicks harder on compression and 3clicks harder on rebound.
i had originally went a cpl more each on the rear clickers than where i'm at now,but after some more seat time i realized it was a little too stiff and started backing off a click now and then.....until i'm where it's at now. i guess i'm pretty close to where it needs to be for now as i don't really think about it much anymore while riding now.
Back to top Go down
dirtytrixx400

dirtytrixx400

PostSubject: Re: Suspension Settings   Suspension Settings EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 1:06 pm

there's one other thing i noticed awhile back...the rear shock resevoir was getting pretty hot to the touch,so i was thinking my big fat ass was really giving the suspension a work out...but during a quick break on a recent ride with a cpl friends i pointed that out and we then compared it to how their bikes resevoirs felt....their's too were just as hot to the touch ...lol...so i no longer felt any real worry over it. the other bikes were a 08 ktm 450exc(170 lbs rider) and a 08 drz400s(200 lbs rider).
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Suspension Settings   Suspension Settings EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 7:04 pm

MNMike wrote:
What and where do you ride, how much do you weigh, and what do you have your suspension dampings set to?

Which bike are you interested in knowing about? The R or X? Big difference in the answers you get.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Suspension Settings   Suspension Settings EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 11:02 pm

I've got a 2008 WR-250R.
I weigh 150lbs.
I ride on typical Connecticut off-road terrain: Trails through the woods, some dirt roads, and some rolling, grassy fields.

Front fork:
Compression is one click less.
Rebound is standard.
Fork tubes raised in the triple clamps 10mm.

Rear shock:
Spring preload reduced until laden sag reached 3.5 inches.
Compression: Three clicks more.
Rebound: Seven clicks more.
Ride height reduced 18mm (when measured from rear axle to rear fender).
Back to top Go down
MNMike

PostSubject: R or X?   Suspension Settings EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 12:13 pm

What I have doesn't reduce the usefulness of the information. I don't ride either, but it doesn't mean I don't put wrench to both.
Back to top Go down
chicko

chicko

PostSubject: Re: Suspension Settings   Suspension Settings EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 7:51 am

I'm 59kg, both ends are set to max. on comp and rebound. Rear is lowered a tad too. Its an r and i ride powerlines and bush/forest tracks.
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Suspension Settings   Suspension Settings EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 10:17 pm

Hey guys just wondering what you think I should have mine set up like...
I weight 160 pounds am 6,1... Have an R and so far the only place I have been riding it is on the road. So I was wondering if I would benifit from ajusting it from what it is now?(Stock)
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Suspension Settings   Suspension Settings EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 10:24 pm

Yeah, you probably would.
I'd first measure how much the rear suspension settles with your weight on the seat.

Measure from the rear axle to a handy spot like an edge of the rear fender.
Take two measurements - one with no weight on the bike (rear suspension fully extended) and one with your weight on the seat in the normal riding position.
3.5 inches difference is what you're after.
If it's not, adjust the shock spring preload until you achieve it.
Back to top Go down
King Wolf

King Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Suspension Settings   Suspension Settings EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 2:49 am

YZEtc wrote:
Yeah, you probably would.
I'd first measure how much the rear suspension settles with your weight on the seat.

Measure from the rear axle to a handy spot like an edge of the rear fender.
Take two measurements - one with no weight on the bike (rear suspension fully extended) and one with your weight on the seat in the normal riding position.
3.5 inches difference is what you're after.
If it's not, adjust the shock spring preload until you achieve it.

Allright i will have to measure that one of theses days when i have an extra hand-person.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suspension Settings   Suspension Settings Empty

Back to top Go down

Suspension Settings
Page 1 of 1