Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

YZ250F and WR250X Calipers interchangeable???

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Norman Perez

YZ250F and WR250X Calipers interchangeable??? Empty
PostSubject: YZ250F and WR250X Calipers interchangeable???   YZ250F and WR250X Calipers interchangeable??? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 7:55 pm

So in my quest to get a 320mm rotor on my 250x. I've noticed a couple things. A company called QTM has custom machined 100mm radial brackets for Brembo calipers and a custom 320mm rotor. Along with a brembo master cylinder, steel braided lines and brembo specific banjo bolts. Sweet!!

YZ250F and WR250X Calipers interchangeable??? 2woy839

Problem with that. Is that after it's all said and done it's a little over $2k for the entire kit. My bike cost $3000 used bone stock. Personally $2k would be worth it for the braking power. But I think a stock caliper with a 320 should be enough, and a lot cheaper. On their parts list. The bracket that the brembo caliper bolts to has the same number listed for the YZ450F, YZ250F, and WR250X 03'-12'. Meaning while the lugs may be different the mounting points are the same spec. wings So im thinking if any of you members have the both a 250x and 250f or 450f. From pairing them up. Could it be possible to mount the stock bracket and caliper of the YZ's on the lug of the X. If so I believe a QTM 320mm rotor and a Braking 320mm bracket meant for stock calipers paired with a YZ's caliper could be mounted on the X. Leading to a much cheaper OEM alternative with the exception of the rotor and bracket. I would just buy everything and try it out but am short on cash right now. Of course there's a lot of variables but it could work.
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: YZ250F and WR250X Calipers interchangeable???   YZ250F and WR250X Calipers interchangeable??? EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 6:52 am

Next time i swap brakes from my "x" to the "r" set i will try the yz 450/250 brake setup, i use a kx caliper to go with my smaller "r" disc and the yz looks the same as nissan only made just so manny styles.
Now if i recall EBC will make any size rotar for the r or x,someone has done this. I see what your getting at.
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: YZ250F and WR250X Calipers interchangeable???   YZ250F and WR250X Calipers interchangeable??? EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 5:12 pm

Yay the YZ caliper fits from my 03 450,used it on the x over the weekend after i made my swap instead of the KX i was running.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YZ250F and WR250X Calipers interchangeable???   YZ250F and WR250X Calipers interchangeable??? Empty

Back to top Go down

YZ250F and WR250X Calipers interchangeable???
Page 1 of 1