Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Aussie R rider needs your help

Go down 
+2
xy500
Krispy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Krispy

Krispy

Aussie R rider needs your help Empty
PostSubject: Aussie R rider needs your help   Aussie R rider needs your help EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:03 pm

Hey guys,

I've been sourcing some oem parts and Australia like to rip you a new one.

3D7-27411-00 FOOTREST 1 $113.50 (available)

The same part on rocky mountain (which cant ship oem parts outside USA) $23

So I'm thinking i buy the parts and ship them to someone in the US who can ship them on to me in Australia.
Back to top Go down
xy500

PostSubject: Re: Aussie R rider needs your help   Aussie R rider needs your help EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 12:02 pm

why not get it from servicehonda ? they sell genuine yamaha and ship to australia...
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: Aussie R rider needs your help   Aussie R rider needs your help EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 6:35 pm

hey krispy, are those oem footpegs you buying? unless you just really like those pegs, you would probably be better off buying some different pegs, probably cheaper .. maybe Wheeling Cycle would ship to you and it seems people say the pegs they sell are pretty good at a reasonable price http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop/1/11/index.shtml

you might want to do a little research and see what you can come up with

Back to top Go down
andy mac

PostSubject: Re: Aussie R rider needs your help   Aussie R rider needs your help EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 8:25 pm

There are many companies or Ebay sellers that won't ship outside the USA but you can get a USA address by using a freight forwarding company like http://www.comgateway.com/
Back to top Go down
Krispy

Krispy

PostSubject: Re: Aussie R rider needs your help   Aussie R rider needs your help EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 9:56 pm

cryptomundo wrote:
hey krispy, are those oem footpegs you buying? unless you just really like those pegs, you would probably be better off buying some different pegs, probably cheaper .. maybe Wheeling Cycle would ship to you and it seems people say the pegs they sell are pretty good at a reasonable price http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop/1/11/index.shtml

you might want to do a little research and see what you can come up with

Cheers, i need some other oem stuff aswell, eg fuel cap assembly and rear pillion peg assembly. Ive bought from rocky mountain before, they just dont ship OEM parts outside us. the free us address site is a good idea, wonder how many things go missing through them tho.
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: Aussie R rider needs your help   Aussie R rider needs your help EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 7:42 am

I have never had an issue with things going missing .. usually its shipped UPS or Fedex which has tracking. I order from Rocky Mountain some times and they are pretty good all around, pricing too.
Back to top Go down
TurbStLCards

TurbStLCards

PostSubject: Re: Aussie R rider needs your help   Aussie R rider needs your help EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 1:04 pm

Dude, I have mine on eBay for half price, brand new $12!

How about you buy them. I'll ship to Australia.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110935262260?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Back to top Go down
FreckledAvenger

PostSubject: Re: Aussie R rider needs your help   Aussie R rider needs your help EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 7:11 pm

andy mac wrote:
There are many companies or Ebay sellers that won't ship outside the USA but you can get a USA address by using a freight forwarding company like http://www.comgateway.com/

I am also an R rider in Brissie.

I have used comgateway before - the shipping is awesome (the stuff got to me within 3 days elapsed via DHL) but the price was steep. In my case I got a number of camping items that could not be shipped to Oz addresses (e.g. thermarest etc). It turned out to be worth while because of both this, the fact that these items were half the price in the US and the fact that they did not weigh too much. You really have to do your sums when using one of these services. I have also used Shipito (http://www.shipito.com/) as well although it seems that their "el cheapo" shipping option is no longer offered. Mind you that service was pretty slow plus it had no tracking either ...

The nice thing about these mail forwarders is that they offer services like re-packing, combining packages and multiple different locations for you to receive items (in the US) so you can avoid state based sales taxes. They also provide you with free storage for a period in the case where multiple items are to be received and will be combined into a single package (but if you go over this period they will charge you). The problem is that they seem to have different pricing for each service/shipping so you have to really know locations of items relative to your mail box, the size and weight of the items etc to get a good idea of which is cheapest ...

While a lot of these mail forwarders claim they pass on their bulk discounts for using their "shipping partners" (e.g. DHL etc), they sometimes only offer the "gold plated" shipping options when lesser services like some options through USPS may deliver it far cheaper if you are prepared to wait.

Threads about freight forwarders crop up on the Oz regional forum of advrider from time to time if you want more details ...

As for Rocky Mountain ATV, I found their shipping costs to Oz a little high but their prices and range are awesome. At some stage in the future I will be in the market for a new chain and sprockets and this is where I will probably go considering the prices locally are so much more expensive (even when taking shipping from the US into account).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aussie R rider needs your help   Aussie R rider needs your help Empty

Back to top Go down

Aussie R rider needs your help
Page 1 of 1