Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Does a 15T fit?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tcuguy

Does a 15T fit? Empty
PostSubject: Does a 15T fit?   Does a 15T fit? EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 1:08 am

I want to go with Ironman sprockets, but the smallest rear they make is a 43. So for my low gearing I would need a 15 front.

Does it fit?

This combo is basically the same as a 14/40 fyi (for max MPG).
Back to top Go down
skierd

Does a 15T fit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does a 15T fit?   Does a 15T fit? EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 1:38 am

A 15T will not fit. A 14T is already an extremely tight fit that requires modifying the stock case saver or replacing it with the thinner (and stronger) Sandman case saver.

Also, having tried the 14/42 combo on my X wheels you'll find the bike doesn't have enough nut to really pull that gearing on the highway. Personally I wouldn't go taller than the stock X gearing of 13/42.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Does a 15T fit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does a 15T fit?   Does a 15T fit? EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 5:22 am

What kind of mpg are you trying to get and why?

The gearing selection you're seeking would render the X to be about as boring a ride as I can imagine.
Like a way under-powered scooter type ride.
I'd also think it might be a tad dangerous.
Sometimes you need that squirt of acceleration to avoid a certain situation.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
tcuguy

Does a 15T fit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does a 15T fit?   Does a 15T fit? EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 10:42 am

I'm finishing up welding the turbo up that I am installing, and would benefit from much longer gears to keep it in the power more time and take down the unpredictability of the turbo down a bit.

So I guess my only choice would be a 14/43 if I want to go ironman sprocket... Hmmm don't know maybe I'll do superprox and see of they have my size...
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Does a 15T fit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does a 15T fit?   Does a 15T fit? EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 10:55 am

Please post pictures.....Please?

worthless

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
tcuguy

Does a 15T fit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does a 15T fit?   Does a 15T fit? EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 11:15 am

motokid wrote:
Please post pictures.....Please?

worthless

Haha absolutely. Im making a different thread where Ill let yall know everything about it :)
Back to top Go down
thelandman

Does a 15T fit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does a 15T fit?   Does a 15T fit? EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 3:57 pm

I'm considering the 14T as well. Really don't need the low end grunt as the bike is a daily freeway commuter. Probably go with a 39T on the rear. This is first I've heard of the 14T requiring some mods to get it fit though..

Please post pics of the turbo machine when convienient!
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

Does a 15T fit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does a 15T fit?   Does a 15T fit? EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 8:05 pm

I don't see how you will hold highway speed going 14/42. I run 13/44, probably gonna go 13/47, and it is all the bike can do to hold 120kph in sixth at my current gearing. I power out if i try and go any more then that this little bike isnt a 100mph beast. Unless you live where it's flat and no wind which is not like where I am.
Back to top Go down
tcuguy

Does a 15T fit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does a 15T fit?   Does a 15T fit? EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 8:58 pm

IAmABug wrote:
I don't see how you will hold highway speed going 14/42. I run 13/44, probably gonna go 13/47, and it is all the bike can do to hold 120kph in sixth at my current gearing. I power out if i try and go any more then that this little bike isnt a 100mph beast. Unless you live where it's flat and no wind which is not like where I am.

Or you are a big individual :P

No offense at all please dont take it like that! But stock gearing is lower than what you are running... and there are many people who have no issues going 80mph stock... Heck that one guy who apparently gets 100mpg is running 14/40 and goes 75mph perfectly fine.

Now, of course it wount accelerate like a devil on stock gearing, much less 14/40... but if you are not used to speed daemons and give it to some guy in africa im sure they would say 65mph is just fine lol
Back to top Go down
tcuguy

Does a 15T fit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does a 15T fit?   Does a 15T fit? EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 9:00 pm

Anyway im going to run a turbo remember than, 14/40 should pull like stock for me really. Although I just pulled that out of my a$$... but with a higher midrange with a turbo I should have 5+hp or so which should pull fine at 65mph and return better mpg's.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Does a 15T fit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does a 15T fit?   Does a 15T fit? EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 9:10 pm

IAmABug wrote:

Wait...you can't go 120 kph?

That's 74mph???? eeek

My bike, with 13/48 will pull hard to 74mph and hit 80 before things slow down. Given time it'll creep up to about 84 or 85 mph.

And I do have a corrected speedometer, so it's relatively close.

With 13/44 you should easily be able to hit 135 kph.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
tcuguy

Does a 15T fit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does a 15T fit?   Does a 15T fit? EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 9:20 pm

motokid wrote:
IAmABug wrote:

Wait...you can't go 120 kph?

That's 74mph???? eeek

My bike, with 13/48 will pull hard to 74mph and hit 80 before things slow down. Given time it'll creep up to about 84 or 85 mph.

And I do have a corrected speedometer, so it's relatively close.

With 13/44 you should easily be able to hit 135 kph.

Like I said maybe he is a bigger guy OR its unacceptable to him the throttle response at that speed OR he lives in downtown San Francisco OR his bike is about to blow up lol
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

Does a 15T fit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does a 15T fit?   Does a 15T fit? EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 11:31 pm

140lbs. And yes I have had it up to 142, DRD corrected, but it was on a long straight and it took awhile. Point was more about buddy talking 14/39.

At 120kph it will cruise all day. I can go WOT and get it to 130kph+, just not before the next county (said with sarcasm). I am not one who likes to hold 3/4 throttle all day long I suppose. And no offense taken BTW tcuguy.

Totally agree with the gear ratios if you are running a turbo. That makes sense.
Back to top Go down
tcuguy

Does a 15T fit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does a 15T fit?   Does a 15T fit? EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 12:32 am

IAmABug wrote:
140lbs. And yes I have had it up to 142, DRD corrected, but it was on a long straight and it took awhile. Point was more about buddy talking 14/39.

At 120kph it will cruise all day. I can go WOT and get it to 130kph+, just not before the next county (said with sarcasm). I am not one who likes to hold 3/4 throttle all day long I suppose. And no offense taken BTW tcuguy.

Totally agree with the gear ratios if you are running a turbo. That makes sense.

Got ya. Yeah I guess its just all about expectations, some people cant live without power on tap, and some can ride with just 5hp all day long.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Does a 15T fit? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does a 15T fit?   Does a 15T fit? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does a 15T fit?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: Technical :: Sprockets and Chains-
Jump to: