Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Inner Clutch Hub

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Norman Perez

Inner Clutch Hub Empty
PostSubject: Inner Clutch Hub   Inner Clutch Hub EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 7:07 pm

Lately my "X" has been difficult to shift into neutral, lurching, and sometimes stalling. So I bought new clutch plates, springs, steel plates, and a pressure plate.

Well took it all apart and found this...

Inner Clutch Hub A33B9961-B026-4A52-8660-4653785B652E-2943-0000033FB7C141DB Inner Clutch Hub B24C9AC4-5B2A-4990-8C3E-C612E3E7B32C-2943-0000033FC83EC83E

it's on the inner clutch hub. The outer, more expensive, one doesn't have any. Think this could be the culprit? I ordered a new one. Bike has 10,000 miles. 6k from the P/O. I won't lie. I've been wheeling the crap out of it as well. amazon Also, does anyone know the torque spec of the big nut holding the inner clutch hub/Clutch Boss down?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

Inner Clutch Hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inner Clutch Hub   Inner Clutch Hub EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 7:59 pm

Looks normal.
Since you have a new one on the way, may as well install the new one.
Back to top Go down
Norman Perez

Inner Clutch Hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inner Clutch Hub   Inner Clutch Hub EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 8:37 pm

Think it's fine? I can probably still cancel the new one.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

Inner Clutch Hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inner Clutch Hub   Inner Clutch Hub EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 12:29 am

It depends on the depth of those spots. It's a bit tough to tell from the pictures, but if they're just polished spots I'd call it good. If you can feel low spots they'll cause some funky/grabby clutch engagement. The deeper they are the worse it will be.

I'm worried this is what I'll find when I open mine up next year...
Back to top Go down
Norman Perez

Inner Clutch Hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inner Clutch Hub   Inner Clutch Hub EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 11:23 am

Yeah, you can feel the indents with your finger. Im just going with the new one for the sake of keeping everything new and worry free. Does anyone have a clue as to the torque spec of the nut holding the main gear and clutch basket in place? scratch
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

Inner Clutch Hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inner Clutch Hub   Inner Clutch Hub EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 11:49 am

You can draw file them out if they aren't "too" deep. I have done it for years, Eric Gorr (engine builder/tuner) even describes how to do it in his books.
Back to top Go down
Norman Perez

Inner Clutch Hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inner Clutch Hub   Inner Clutch Hub EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 11:54 am

I've been told to file them out as well. That you can do it twice and then get a new hub. I'll toss in the new one and keep this old one. I'll file it and keep it as the back up. From what I gather. It's only a temporary fix. Hence why only do it twice. Thanks for all your advice guys. Maybe when I get a chance i'll wash the thing and post up some pictures.
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

Inner Clutch Hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inner Clutch Hub   Inner Clutch Hub EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 12:01 pm

I guess I abuse my clutch less than others. I've done it and had it last the whole time I've owned the bike. I don't wheely with the clutch so that could be why.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Inner Clutch Hub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inner Clutch Hub   Inner Clutch Hub Empty

Back to top Go down

Inner Clutch Hub
Page 1 of 1