Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New owner of a WR250x

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dmmcd

dmmcd

New owner of a WR250x Empty
PostSubject: New owner of a WR250x   New owner of a WR250x EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 9:09 am

Hi all! I grew up riding dirt bikes and when I came of age I bought my first street bike, a 2002 Suzuki SV650S. The Suzuki gave me over 38,000 miles of fun times, but since I saw my first DRZ400SM in the dealership in 2005, I have been infatuated by the super-moto scene. Then in 2008 I saw a Yamaha WR250x in the dealership, and fell in love, but the price tag was out of my range. And I still had the SV, so I couldn't justify buying anything else. Last year, I found a smoking deal on a Qlink XF200, which is a Chinese supermoto. Brand new it cost me $1200. I bought it to see how I liked the whole supermoto style, and I liked it quite well. The only problem was that the XF has about 15 hp and being Chinese, I was always a little nervous it would fall apart on my way to work. I have a few hills that I had to downshift to get up. I always keep an eye on local craigslist, and I saw a KTM 625 smc for sale that made me finally decide to sell my SV and my XF and move to a proper supermoto. My dream bike was still the WR250x, but they were very rare to find a good used one. I posted the SV and within a week I had a buyer. I then posted the XF, and in two days I had a buyer. Then miraculously a beautiful 2008 WR250x was listed, and less than 10 minutes from my home with some great mods. So I jumped on it and finally own the bike that I fell in love with many years ago.

Here she is, a 2008 WR250x. At time of purchase it had 2800 miles on it.
FMF Q4 pipe, FMF fuel programmer, Graves EXUP removal plug.
K&N air filter, airbox flapper screwed down, all AIS removed
45 tooth rear sprocket, SpeedoHealer installed
Seat was modified with a gel insert
Aftermarket mirrors with integrated blinkers
Fender eliminator/new tail light (not sure which one)

New owner of a WR250x 5I35G75E23Ec3G53Mfc81f82b494384da1e-1
New owner of a WR250x IMG_3407

Before I delivered the SV to its new owner:
New owner of a WR250x 533219_4592781983609_1559907260_n

The Qlink XF200 that I sold:
New owner of a WR250x IMG_3977
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: New owner of a WR250x   New owner of a WR250x EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 11:18 am

Welcome! freaky

you'll enjoy the wr250! its a great little bike. incredibly tough as well... will run forever with a bit of maintenance. I'm guessing you didn't get the KTM for the maintenance? don't worry, the wrr is very maintenance free. Oil changes & air filter cleaning are really the only things that should be done on a regular basis.

btw, what mirrors are those? Shog do you know the name/brand?

also quite diggin' the colour scheme on that xf. Looks like a perfect tool for a ninja. thumb
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: New owner of a WR250x   New owner of a WR250x EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 11:34 am

I didn't get the KTM because it sold before I had the money. Very happy

But I think in the long run the WR is a much better bike for the type of riding I do, and it seems much more refined.

I don't know the details on the mirrors exactly, but they look like these: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/68/45430/ITEM/BikeMaster-Mirrors-with-LED-Turn-Signals.aspx?SiteID=SLI|Bikemaster%20Mirror&WT.MC_ID=10010
The visibility of the mirrors is actually very good.

The XF was a fun little bike, got 75 to 80 mpg, but just wasn't enough for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New owner of a WR250x   New owner of a WR250x Empty

Back to top Go down

New owner of a WR250x
Page 1 of 1