Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 

PCV and Athena installed, but now questions????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mototrippin

PostSubject: PCV and Athena installed, but now questions????   Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:22 pm

Hi all, I just installed the Athena 290 kit last week and today I installed the Power commander 5. I am having difficulty getting a clear answer on if i should be running the PCV with or without the fuel manager that was supplied with the Athena kit.

I am running this map from Power Commander because it is very close to my set up:

M22-043-011
2009-2010 Yamaha WR250R/X
FMF full exhaust with Q4 muffler
290 piston kit
Stock air filter
Flap removed from air box

With the Athena fuel manager and PCV installed using the above map it makes good power, but it has a very "dead" spot off the bottom. I had this similar problem when i was running the Athena fuel manager by itself.

With only the PCV installed using the above map it doesn't make as much power, but does not have the dead spot. I also noticed it had a rougher idle this way.

Anyway, i am really hoping someone on here has been down this road before and can tell me what they have done.

Thanks a lot.
Back to top Go down
mototrippin

PostSubject: Re: PCV and Athena installed, but now questions????   Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:06 pm

ok, After today's tinkering session I am sure the PCV map above is meant to be used WITH the GET fuel unit that comes with the Athena kit. I added some values to the map to richen the fuel mixture and the issues i have been having are going away. So the PCV is now compensating for GET unit not being there and all is good. I am really glad I did not ride the bike much with the mixture being so lean, running the bike that lean is not a good thing. I do really wish PCV made this clear in their instructions.
Back to top Go down
Peterbuilt

PostSubject: Re: PCV and Athena installed, but now questions????   Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:11 pm

Couldn't you just get the Autotune add on and the wideband would monitor/adjust the fuel needed?

The reason I ask, is because I have an Athena kit to install in my bike.. I currently have the FMF Programmer and wondering if I should get the PCV + AT..

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PCV and Athena installed, but now questions????   

Back to top Go down

PCV and Athena installed, but now questions????
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1