Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Pirelli MT-21 front and rear

Go down 
+4
mucker
wristpin
roofer89
LordEndo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
LordEndo

LordEndo

Pirelli MT-21 front and rear Empty
PostSubject: Pirelli MT-21 front and rear   Pirelli MT-21 front and rear EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 10:54 am

My dealer had a big sale on so I went with MT-21's instead of Scorpion Pro's. the tires are flat out awesome. My first ride on them was on the pavement at night in the rain and they held the road beautifully - it took a real effort to get the rear to break traction at all.

Next ride was a pretty hardcore single track experience and the tires were unstoppable. I wiped out on a few climbs and could get going again on the hill where others were turning around. It's monsoon season here in bc, so I can say without a doubt that for loose stuff and wet pavement, these tires are legit.

I've also increased my rear tire to a 130.

thumb
Back to top Go down
roofer89

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli MT-21 front and rear   Pirelli MT-21 front and rear EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 9:54 pm

Really like my 21's as well. And they are holding up well also.
Back to top Go down
wristpin

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli MT-21 front and rear   Pirelli MT-21 front and rear EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 8:15 pm

Mine wore out fairly quick, but that is the price to pay for an aggressive dual sport tire.
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli MT-21 front and rear   Pirelli MT-21 front and rear EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 8:26 pm

My buddy loves them on his wrr.
Tho the rear is wearing quick.
He wants to replace it with a 606 rear.

If my MT43's dont work out, I'll do 21 front -606 rear myself...

...but , so far, the MT43's work out.
Back to top Go down
jon_l

jon_l

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli MT-21 front and rear   Pirelli MT-21 front and rear EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 9:06 am

MT-21 is my favorite front. Haven't tried a rear yet. I have a new rear T-63 ready to mount for next season. Might have to try the MT-21 rear next.
Back to top Go down
DragonNester

DragonNester

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli MT-21 front and rear   Pirelli MT-21 front and rear EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 10:59 am

jon_l wrote:
MT-21 is my favorite front. Haven't tried a rear yet. I have a new rear T-63 ready to mount for next season. Might have to try the MT-21 rear next.

I just ordered a set of MT-21's for my wrr. I have one on the rear currently and like it enough to make it a set. I'll put the front one on asap (currently, the stock TW) and wait until the rear wears down appropriately to change it out...now that I'll have one on hand to help gauge the tread wear.

I've had d606's in the past and consider this tire comparable on the rear and bound to be better on the front.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli MT-21 front and rear   Pirelli MT-21 front and rear EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 2:21 pm

I ran mt21s on my KLR, they dont look like they'd work good on the road but you can realy push them without issue, offroad they're pretty good if you stay out of the mud.
A mt21 on the front and a d606 on the rear is a common set up on other dual sport bikes.
The mt21 front works better everywheres and last about the same.
The rear mt21 doesnt last as long as the d606 and works about the same, so the dunlop is prefered on the rear.
Back to top Go down
keijieagle

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli MT-21 front and rear   Pirelli MT-21 front and rear EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 4:09 pm

Pirelli MT-21 front and rear Sdc11711

Pirelli MT-21 front and rear Sdc11712

Pirelli MT-21 front and rear Sdc11713

Pirelli MT-21 front and rear Sdc11714
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pirelli MT-21 front and rear   Pirelli MT-21 front and rear Empty

Back to top Go down

Pirelli MT-21 front and rear
Page 1 of 1