Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Spark Arrested Pipe Soon Available for Graves Full System

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DesertRatliff

DesertRatliff

Spark Arrested Pipe Soon Available for Graves Full System Empty
PostSubject: Spark Arrested Pipe Soon Available for Graves Full System   Spark Arrested Pipe Soon Available for Graves Full System EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:06 pm

Got official word that a pipe will be available to replace the non-spark arrested Graves pipe on their full system fairly soon. Good news for folks like me who have the Graves system and need a spark arrestor to be Forest Service legal or folks that ruled out the system for that very reason.

Check out the thread on the Graves forum here:

http://www.gravesport.com/forum/showthread.php/497-Yamaha-WR250R-X-Graves-Full-System-Spark-Arrestor?p=3490#post3490
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Spark Arrested Pipe Soon Available for Graves Full System   Spark Arrested Pipe Soon Available for Graves Full System EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 5:09 am

Can't view without signing up...

Copy and paste?
Back to top Go down
DesertRatliff

DesertRatliff

PostSubject: Re: Spark Arrested Pipe Soon Available for Graves Full System   Spark Arrested Pipe Soon Available for Graves Full System EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:26 pm

Sure thing!

After asking if a spark arrestor was available, the reply came from CharlesGraves on the forum:

Nic, sorry we don’t have a spark arrester application for this exhaust. We do plan on selling a system near the end of the year that has a spark arrestor. If you are still in need then please contact us.

My reply:
Thanks for the response, Charles. I figued there wasn't anything, but wondered if anyone had MacGyvered something.

Looking forward to the new exhaust. Given your other products, I'm sure it will be a beautiful system. Hopefully it will bolt up to the current Graves head pipe so that the swap is straight-forward. I'm sure there is no lack of real world testers, but I would be happy to put the prototype through its paces in the rugged mountains of SW Colorado. Fire season is upon us with a vengence this summer and the Forest Service is broke, so I will anxiously be awaiting the system.

Thanks again,
Nic

His reply dated 10/21/12:
Getting close now. We will have a spark arrestor shortly but no USFS approval until it gets the official stamp and who knows when it comes to government offices? It's going to require a silencer change but the rest of the pipe will be the same. I'll post pics and price when it's ready.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Spark Arrested Pipe Soon Available for Graves Full System   Spark Arrested Pipe Soon Available for Graves Full System EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 8:07 am

Cool! Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spark Arrested Pipe Soon Available for Graves Full System   Spark Arrested Pipe Soon Available for Graves Full System Empty

Back to top Go down

Spark Arrested Pipe Soon Available for Graves Full System
Page 1 of 1