Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Jumping out of 6th

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Adam.

Adam.

Jumping out of 6th Empty
PostSubject: Jumping out of 6th   Jumping out of 6th EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 3:13 am

Anyone had there bike jumping out of 6th to 5th under acceleration? This has happened to me twice this morning?
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

Jumping out of 6th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jumping out of 6th   Jumping out of 6th EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 12:10 am

I have had it drop back down a gear when I do 'lazy' shifting where I just nudge the shifter up rather then doing a full click. But not if I am just riding along. It is only within say 10s of when I have shifted up a gear.
Back to top Go down
Adam.

Adam.

Jumping out of 6th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jumping out of 6th   Jumping out of 6th EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 3:35 am

Thanks for your reply, I was maybe just having a bad morning and did a couple of lazy shifts, you always fear the worst though. It has been ok this morning so fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Jumping out of 6th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jumping out of 6th   Jumping out of 6th EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 7:32 am

How long has it been since you've changed oil?

If I let oil go too long between changes I notice shifting starts to get "notchy" and kinda picky.
Like hitting false neutrals more often and such.

Not saying that's your issue, but it came to mind.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
kjharn

kjharn

Jumping out of 6th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jumping out of 6th   Jumping out of 6th EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 10:56 pm

If it keeps happening you could very well be looking at a bent shift fork.
Back to top Go down
wristpin

Jumping out of 6th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jumping out of 6th   Jumping out of 6th EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 5:08 pm

I have had it pop out of 5th to 4th a few times about a year ago under fairly hard acceleration with a slightly cold motor trying to get up to speed on my way to work in the morning. I felt like it may have not been fully pushed into gear by my foot.
Back to top Go down
Adam.

Adam.

Jumping out of 6th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jumping out of 6th   Jumping out of 6th EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 5:44 pm

Thanks for replys, its not happened since but the weather has not been great for giving the bike a good run, I drained the oil and checked for anything in the oil but all ok. I will keep my fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
kjharn

kjharn

Jumping out of 6th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jumping out of 6th   Jumping out of 6th EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:19 am

If it was a bent shift fork, you wouldn't have metal particles in your oil, necessarily. You'll simply know if it continues to jump out of gear. You're right, you probably didn't fully engage the gear. Unless you shifted into too low of a gear at too high of engine speed in the past, or drop the shit out of your clutch for wheelies you probably won't have a bent shift fork.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jumping out of 6th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jumping out of 6th   Jumping out of 6th Empty

Back to top Go down

Jumping out of 6th
Page 1 of 1