Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What N' The Hell...........

Go down 
+3
IAmABug
ramz
Grsmnky78
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Arkmage

What N' The Hell........... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What N' The Hell...........   What N' The Hell........... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 5:13 pm

*edit*

so that's the lifter bucket... that's some weird marking.
Back to top Go down
Grsmnky78

Grsmnky78

PostSubject: Re: What N' The Hell...........   What N' The Hell........... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 7:23 pm

Yeah, it looks like the hard facing is coming off. The cam and lifter had no clearance at all so the cam was rubbing on the lifter all the time. I'd be curiuos to know why just one of the valves tightened up like that? it's not bent cause the leakdown was great with the cams out. Guess I'll just have to see what happens with the new shims. I hope it runs good for a while. My buddy said I might have to pull the head & replace that valve in the future if it goes out of spec again.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: What N' The Hell...........   What N' The Hell........... - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 7:34 pm

Grsmnky78 wrote:
Yeah, it looks like the hard facing is coming off. The cam and lifter had no clearance at all so the cam was rubbing on the lifter all the time. I'd be curiuos to know why just one of the valves tightened up like that? it's not bent cause the leakdown was great with the cams out. Guess I'll just have to see what happens with the new shims. I hope it runs good for a while. My buddy said I might have to pull the head & replace that valve in the future if it goes out of spec again.

There are bound to be a few bad ones that sneak passed qc now and then.
Back to top Go down
Grsmnky78

Grsmnky78

PostSubject: Fixed!!!!!!   What N' The Hell........... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 12:04 am

wings Got my new lifter & shims today. Put in a 1.70 shim to set the tight valve to .007" Put it back together and it fired right up as soon as I hit the starter! wink I took it for a quick rainy ride down the street & back, seemed pretty nice. I'll have to wait for the rain to clear up so I can give it a good run. Untill then dutch freaky
Back to top Go down
Grsmnky78

Grsmnky78

PostSubject: Woo Hoo!   What N' The Hell........... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 1:29 am

So, Finally got to ride it around a bit, on my birthday! Very happy Seemed a little sluggish at first, then I stared playing with the FMF proggramer. Dailed in a setting I found on here and boy did it wake it up! I had the factory setting on it. I'm gonna try a few more settings once I get a chance just to see if I can sqeeze anything else out of it. For now I am happy with how it runs and glad to have it running nice. Gonna put some knobbies on it this week! Thanks again for all the helpfull suggestions!
Back to top Go down
Grsmnky78

Grsmnky78

PostSubject: Re: What N' The Hell...........   What N' The Hell........... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 2:05 pm

https://servimg.com/view/17849667/16]What N' The Hell........... - Page 2 01041310[/url]
Back to top Go down
Grsmnky78

Grsmnky78

PostSubject: Re: What N' The Hell...........   What N' The Hell........... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 2:06 pm

https://servimg.com/view/17849667/17]What N' The Hell........... - Page 2 01071310[/url]
Back to top Go down
Grsmnky78

Grsmnky78

PostSubject: Free bee tail light mod.   What N' The Hell........... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 2:07 pm

https://servimg.com/view/17849667/18]What N' The Hell........... - Page 2 01221310[/url]

Last edited by Grsmnky78 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grsmnky78

Grsmnky78

PostSubject: A few pic's with some new goodies!   What N' The Hell........... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 2:10 pm

https://servimg.com/view/17849667/20]What N' The Hell........... - Page 2 01221312[/url]
Back to top Go down
Grsmnky78

Grsmnky78

PostSubject: Very custom cover   What N' The Hell........... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 2:15 pm

https://servimg.com/view/17849667/22]What N' The Hell........... - Page 2 01051311[/url]
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: What N' The Hell...........   What N' The Hell........... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 2:54 pm

Now you just need to get that bitch a little dirty..... Very happy Very happy Very happy

Natural Light........ baldy baldy baldy amazon

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Grsmnky78

Grsmnky78

PostSubject: Re: What N' The Hell...........   What N' The Hell........... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 2:29 pm

Ha Ha Ha! Nothin' wrong with Natty. This is the one that I get dirty.https://servimg.com/view/17849667/23]What N' The Hell........... - Page 2 Clean_10[/url]
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: What N' The Hell...........   What N' The Hell........... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 2:54 pm

When I got my WR, it had a red bull can on the shock. First thing I did was rip it off. I think I'm going to put one of my kids' Capri Sun labels on there now...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What N' The Hell...........   What N' The Hell........... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What N' The Hell...........
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2