Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Footpegs for WR250R

Go down 
+24
3rdMoto
banshee01
SwissDude
speersie
michiko
Protosouls
undies77
tread55
Zei220
BuilderBob
xaman
Prairieparson
donutbiker
bassandgrass
cdifpsycho
BAJAMARKO
Dogen
mcdoudlehopper
mick wr250r
Rapid Dog
saddletramp
japako
Dread Bubbler
bosley1980
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
SwissDude

SwissDude

Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Footpegs for WR250R   Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 1:00 pm

well, I'm close to pull the trigger on these pegs, I'm just undecided which ones.
The "Type C" (as Radan calls them) are about an inch back and lower. Does anyone here own them? What are your experiences?
Radan already answered a lot of my questions (thanks!) but I'd like to hear some customer voice on these particular "C" pegs.
Maybe it's better to get the less extreme "Type B"? I'm a bit over 6'1" and just got me 10.5 size O'Neil MX boots. So I need some room for my feet  Very happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Footpegs for WR250R   Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 12:20 am

I haven't done it on the wrr, but on 2 other bikes 1/2 " down and back made a noticeable difference. (Fastways in low position)
Back to top Go down
SwissDude

SwissDude

PostSubject: Re: Footpegs for WR250R   Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2015 12:44 pm

Got my new footpegs, "Type B". Very smooth deal and fast delivery. The build quality is impressive.

It actually is a difference to stock much bigger than expected. Seating position now is very releaxed for me (187cm or a bit less than 6'2", inseam 87cm/34 inches).
Besides that, I feel more as a part of the bike instead of sitting on top of it. Hard to believe such a small change in footpeg position can make such a difference!
My O'Neil MX boots are fine now, too. With the stock pegs I had to raise the shifting lever waaay up, now it's fine.
However, the brake pedal is a bit of an issue. I lowered it as far as possible but it still is higher than the foot peg, which means that you have to lift the foot to use the brake. Not perfect, I might have to consider another pedal (if there is such a thing). I doubt that the bike is usable with the stock pedal and "Type C" footpegs, though.

Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 P1020210
Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 P1020211
Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 P1020212
Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 P1020213
Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 P1020214
Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 P1020215
Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 P1020216
Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 P1020217
Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 P1020220
Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 P1020221
Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 P1020218
Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 P1020219
Back to top Go down
banshee01

PostSubject: Re: Footpegs for WR250R   Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 28, 2016 12:40 am

Email sent to TS
Back to top Go down
banshee01

PostSubject: Re: Footpegs for WR250R   Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 12:56 pm

Finally was able to ride my wr with the lowered footpeg.  I have the type C.  I was able to lower the brake pedal more by taking the jam not off the adjuster and putting it on the under side of the adjuster.  These pegs KICK ASS, I am 6'1 and this is the best mod you can do for the wr250r.  I already had bar risers on the bike but the pegs make a HUGE Difference.  Standing up on the bike in the dirt feels awesome now, way more comfotrable and balanced. Also the pegs being back and inch or so makes the whoops easier aswell.  if you are a tall rider BUY THESE PEGS!!!!

Also I will be able to lower the brake pedal more but I need to cut off some of the threads on the adjuster, right now it is bottomed out on locking pin.

Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 IMG_20170316_153045_953
Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 20170316_175607
Back to top Go down
bosley1980

bosley1980

PostSubject: WR250R (X) in Stock   Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 01, 2017 1:30 pm

Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 Wr250r10

All pegs on photo are "polished"
Back to top Go down
3rdMoto

PostSubject: Type D footpegs   Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 26, 2017 7:25 pm

So some time ago I contacted this vendor, included my age (old), weight (fat), and height (6'2"), and he recommended the new type d peg. Now I gotta tell you, he does want more $ for these than his previous models, in part due to 4mm stock vs 3mm, and to be fair, I have not gotten around to mounting them yet. But here is what I can tell you. I would not have thought twice about spending this much money for these kind of quality footpegs, way back in the day when I was racing motocross. I did think twice about it now at my ripe old, single track and asphalt riding age, but the thing is I CAN afford them now, and they are BETTER made than ANY pegs you will find at your local parts unlimited tucker rocky supplied dealer. I will take more pics and review when I have time to install and enjoy.Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 Dsc_0019
Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 Dsc_0020
Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 Dsc_0017
Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 Dsc_0018
Back to top Go down
3rdMoto

PostSubject: Re: Footpegs for WR250R   Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 13, 2017 8:41 pm

Finally had a day to work on the bike today, and among many other maintenance/farkle things, I got Radan's type D pegs mounted. These are advertised as 20mm lower and 10 mm back. On the scales they come in at 23 ounces for the pair, or 11.5 ounces each. Stock pegs are 15 ounces, or 7.5 ounces each. Shift side was much easier than brake side. Cotter pin removal, pull off old peg, insert spring in new peg, get pin started thru first hole and spring, push and align peg with large screwdriver while tapping with hammer. Put on washer, reinsert cotter pin. I was replacing the stock shift lever with a Hammerhead forged one at the same time, and was able to align the new one where I think I want it at. Basically the same procedure on the brake side, however you will have to remove the brake pedal and get it out of the way to get the pin out of the footpeg. Radan's Peg went on pretty easy, but due to the lowered part of it, the brake pedal was just way too high. Did some googleing, found this: https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic/684574-wr250r-rear-brake-lever-to-high/

Ended up taking the thick bottom lock nut completely off the brake pedal, adjusting to its lower maximum, adjusting the brake light sensor to bottom limit, and straightening the kink in the brake sensor spring out, and to be honest, the brake pedal is still at least a half an inch higher than the footpeg. I can deal with this for a while, but the only long term remedy I can think of is grinding the button off the rivet for the steel tab on the brake, and have one fabricated that is a half inch or more lower, and attaching it to the pedal with a bolt and aircraft nut. Anyone know of another alternative? Finally, I am not dissing the pegs, I look forward to using them in conjunction with the 30mm tusk bar risers I installed today, should be a lot easier to get my old, fat ass off the seat and on the pegs, and be more comfy in that position. Just pointing out an issue that I found.
Back to top Go down
reesesmith

PostSubject: Re: Footpegs for WR250R   Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2019 5:10 am

Pm’d about type C pegs!!
Back to top Go down
Potosijoe

PostSubject: Re: Footpegs for WR250R   Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 14, 2019 9:43 pm

reesesmith wrote:
Pm’d about type C pegs!!
Is he still making pegs? Thanks Joe
Back to top Go down
canadianshark74

canadianshark74

PostSubject: Re: Footpegs for WR250R   Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 7:25 pm

He is.
I got a set a couple of weeks ago. Fast shipping. Took a week from EU to Canada.
They are great. Fit and finish are top notch. Super strong.
I ordered 20mm low/rally version and I really don't need them that low or that wide, so they might be up for sale soon.

Back to top Go down
bosley1980

bosley1980

PostSubject: Re: Footpegs for WR250R   Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 EmptyThu May 02, 2019 10:28 am

If you are interested write me PM
or use my private email:

bosley|at|centrum|dot|cz
subject: Footpegs

THANK YOU!
Back to top Go down
bosley1980

bosley1980

PostSubject: Re: Footpegs for WR250R   Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 EmptyThu May 02, 2019 10:29 am

canadianshark74 wrote:
He is.
I got a set a couple of weeks ago.  Fast shipping. Took a week from EU to Canada.
They are great. Fit and finish are top notch. Super strong.  
I ordered 20mm low/rally version and I really don't need them that low or that wide, so they might be up for sale soon.

HEY DID YOU SEND ME PHOTOS AFTER ASSEMBLY?

THANK YOU
Back to top Go down
reesesmith

PostSubject: Update on Footpegs   Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 29, 2019 3:27 pm

Just wanted to follow up on my purchase from Radan! I purchased a set of Standard Size Polished SS - 30mm lower 20mm back. I am 6'4" and these pegs (teamed up  with some 2" Rox risers) have made my WR so much more fun and comfortable to ride. Before the pegs I always felt like the bike was too small and built for someone 5'10" (it is) and now I can get into an aggressive stance for off road and it is COMFORTABLE! no longer do I feel like I am crouching or reaching for the bars, they are right there where I need them.

A few notes:

- Before ordering, I mocked up all of the footpeg size options and decided the standard size is big enough for me (see comparison photo). Since installing I have enjoyed the increase in size and have not wished for a larger peg size thus far.  

- The pegs are high quality. Radan was professional and got the pegs to me very quick.

- 30mm lower and 20mm back is a great location for my needs im 6'4" 185lbs for reference.

- I trimmed one side of the stock footpegs springs to fit easier with the new pegs.

- I had to mod the rear brake pedal adjustment bolt to lower the brake pedal to a manageable height. (Removed the existing adjustment nut and cut of some threads of the adjustment bolt to allow a lower pedal position)

- In my opinion if you are as tall as me these pegs lower and back have made a night and day improvement to the motorcycle. I would not hesitate to contact Radan for all of my future motorcycle footpegs.

I hope this first hand review can help tall people who are trying to decide how to make their WR not feel like a toy.

Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 File_011
Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 File_012
Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 File_010
Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 File_013
Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 File_014

mbabc likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jack667

PostSubject: Re: Footpegs for WR250R   Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 2:31 pm

Great photos and write-up above from reesesmith

Resurrecting this thread since I found it on a search about extra brake lever adjustment - beyond stock maximum lowering - to accommodate lowered footpegs like those described in this thread.

I spent all morning on this, and finally got to a good spot.  For me, the trick was removing the tiny pin at the bottom of the WRR adjustment screw, removing the joint (see #4 in th e Partzilla diagram for the master cylinder) and then taking out the lowest nut and then re-assembling.  I was able to get enough lowering without yet cutting that adjustment bolt and removing any of the threads.  The pedal is not in a really good position, but I might want it a bit lower still.  I ordered the Zeta trigger brake lever and I'll see how that works before cutting that bolt.  

I also made some adjustments to the spring on the brake lever - I added a ~1/4" tiny key ring from a fob that was in the kitchen drawer.  And I lengthened the connector for the brake light activator, by straightening out and then re-twisting one of the ends.

Just figured I'd post in case anyone is still working on WRRs with lowered pegs and trying to get the brake pedal set up properly...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Footpegs for WR250R   Footpegs for WR250R - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Footpegs for WR250R
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3