Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What do you think of this bike?

Go down 
+7
unoR
Swagger
bassandgrass
GusinCA
coresports
motokid
DestinationOffroad
11 posters
AuthorMessage
DestinationOffroad

What do you think of this bike? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think of this bike?   What do you think of this bike? EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 4:17 pm

What do you think of this bike? What should i offer? Thanks!

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/mcy/3438530026.html
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this bike?   What do you think of this bike? EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 4:40 pm

Based on next to no information at all... $3400 for that bike looks to be a pretty decent price.

Bike looks very clean, with low miles, and since it has "new tires" you can't really claim the price is too high.

Go see it in person, make sure it's been garage kept, ask the usual questions and look for the usual signs of either being pampered or abused.

If it all looks good, offer $3000 and see what the seller says.

If seller won't budge off $3400 and you want bike - you won't be getting ripped off.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
DestinationOffroad

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this bike?   What do you think of this bike? EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 5:13 pm

motokid wrote:
Based on next to no information at all... $3400 for that bike looks to be a pretty decent price.

Bike looks very clean, with low miles, and since it has "new tires" you can't really claim the price is too high.

Go see it in person, make sure it's been garage kept, ask the usual questions and look for the usual signs of either being pampered or abused.

If it all looks good, offer $3000 and see what the seller says.

If seller won't budge off $3400 and you want bike - you won't be getting ripped off.

Yeah im going to need some more info but no WR are sold around me much. The price is good and I need one. I'll see what happens!
Back to top Go down
coresports

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this bike?   What do you think of this bike? EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 5:31 pm

DestinationOffroad wrote:
What do you think of this bike? What should i offer? Thanks!

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/mcy/3438530026.html

it looks clean, toolkit is still on, the stickers are still on the tank, ect. the miles seem on the low (good) side
the pipe is like $400 alone + new tires...looks like a decent bike at a fair price - i would be a buyer here!
Back to top Go down
DestinationOffroad

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this bike?   What do you think of this bike? EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 6:21 pm

Do you guys know how difficult it is to put some dirt tires on this? All i need is the tires or the rims need new ones too or what? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this bike?   What do you think of this bike? EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 9:19 pm

My only real question would seriously be, why is he getting rid of it?

Seems like the perfect bike.

Back to top Go down
DestinationOffroad

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this bike?   What do you think of this bike? EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 9:29 pm

GusinCA wrote:
My only real question would seriously be, why is he getting rid of it?

Seems like the perfect bike.

Well there are reasons to get rid of the perfect bike... having kids, need money, moving, you know the usual. His area code from his phone number is from New York, maybe he's moving back there. I'll be sure to ask him though. :)
Back to top Go down
bassandgrass

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this bike?   What do you think of this bike? EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 12:00 am

In my opinion the black on black is the sharpest looking wr out there. Not to mention yamaha has quit production of the X model. If there is no signs of abuse on her I'd snatch her up! thumb
Back to top Go down
Swagger

Swagger

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this bike?   What do you think of this bike? EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 12:16 am

Snatch it up if it checks out. When I was looking a yr an a half ago I would always see a couple of R2's down in the Palm Beach/Broward/Dade county area but they were always over priced. Helll, thats cheaper, less miles, more mods, and better tires than when i got mine! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this bike?   What do you think of this bike? EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 6:27 am

Do you guys know how difficult it is to put some dirt tires on this? All i need is the tires or the rims need new ones too or what? Thanks!

The X comes with 17" rims.

The R comes with 18" front and 21" rear. And the R's rims are slightly narrower.

Plus the disc brake on the front is bigger on the X.

It's not just switching tires.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this bike?   What do you think of this bike? EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 12:53 pm

I've seen someone put tires on an X that were super knobbly, so I would just get another set of stock wheels (with disk and sprocket) and put the other tires on them and swap back and forth to your heart's content.

But yes, the black is best. I bought a WRR and bought the black plastics from an X to get rid of the blue. I think it looks badass (without stickers, of course)...

What do you think of this bike? 5940copy

What do you think of this bike? 0455copy

What do you think of this bike? WR2copy
Back to top Go down
unoR

unoR

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this bike?   What do you think of this bike? EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Price isn't too bad, but I would still try and negotiate on price. Oh yeah make sure its mechanically sound ! Ask alot of questions! hehe
Back to top Go down
on_the_edge

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this bike?   What do you think of this bike? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 11:50 am

I just put some Shinko 244s on my 17" X wheels and I love them. It was easy to put the tires on, the bike performs nicely offroad, and all for a paltry sum. I don't think you'd be disappointed if you went with this setup.
Back to top Go down
A66auto

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this bike?   What do you think of this bike? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:26 am

There would be lots of guys around who would trade a R set for an X.
Back to top Go down
Carbomb

Carbomb

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this bike?   What do you think of this bike? EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 12:21 am

That's a pretty square deal.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this bike?   What do you think of this bike? EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 6:33 am

Looks like a nice bike, as long as that pic wasn't taken the day he brought the bike home from the Yamaha dealer. ;)
Back to top Go down
DestinationOffroad

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this bike?   What do you think of this bike? EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 10:55 am

Gotta sell my current bike first :/ Thanks for your input guys!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of this bike?   What do you think of this bike? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you think of this bike?
Page 1 of 1