Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

registering out-of-state WRR in CA

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
scrimm

registering out-of-state WRR in CA Empty
PostSubject: registering out-of-state WRR in CA   registering out-of-state WRR in CA EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 12:31 pm

Apologies if this has been covered... I'm in CA and looking to buy a used WRR from out of state. If I get a non-CA model, will it be possible to plate the bike in CA?
Back to top Go down
scrimm

PostSubject: Re: registering out-of-state WRR in CA   registering out-of-state WRR in CA EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 1:14 pm

OK, finally found this thread:

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t6464-please-help-just-bought-out-of-state-bike-in-cali

I guess the answer is no, unless it has 7,500 miles. Sucks.
Back to top Go down
Rapid Dog

PostSubject: Re: registering out-of-state WRR in CA   registering out-of-state WRR in CA EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 3:47 pm

The complete answer is minimum 7500 miles with a non CA EPA sticker you can bring it in.
If it does have the CA EPA sticker, you can bring it in but as a 'new' bike if under 7500 miles on it.
Otherwise it's a no go.
Best to find one with over 7500 if it doesn;t have a sticker.
Either way it has to have an EPA sticker whether CA EPA sticker or not,
CA DMV wants to see the sticker, the VIN, and the mileage to register either way you go.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: registering out-of-state WRR in CA   registering out-of-state WRR in CA Empty

Back to top Go down

registering out-of-state WRR in CA
Page 1 of 1