Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

wr250r moving ignition to lynx dash

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
oxygenrace

wr250r moving ignition to lynx dash Empty
PostSubject: wr250r moving ignition to lynx dash   wr250r moving ignition to lynx dash EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 7:57 pm

I have a lynx fairing. I want to move the ignition onto the dash so it is easier to access. Anyone done this and have tips?
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: wr250r moving ignition to lynx dash   wr250r moving ignition to lynx dash EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 10:07 am

I haven't done it, but I will say that after a few months you get used to the key location and it's less of a problem. The only time I have an issue now is when my GPS is mounted on the bars so the ignition is recessed and between the speedo and GPS. Makes it hard to get a hand in there.
Back to top Go down
Gany

PostSubject: Re: wr250r moving ignition to lynx dash   wr250r moving ignition to lynx dash EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 10:18 pm

I dont have a lynx but I have removed the ignition barrel. Details of how are here:
https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t6044-instrument-cluster-bracket-ignition-barrel-removal

Good luck, post pics of how you did yours!
Back to top Go down
Tonymorr

PostSubject: Re: wr250r moving ignition to lynx dash   wr250r moving ignition to lynx dash EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 10:12 am

I hear tell that the DRZ ignition switch will work. I'm about to figure this out myself and will post results when I do.
Back to top Go down
oxygenrace

PostSubject: Re: wr250r moving ignition to lynx dash   wr250r moving ignition to lynx dash EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 4:35 pm

Tonymorr wrote:
I hear tell that the DRZ ignition switch will work. I'm about to figure this out myself and will post results when I do.

really interested in a part number and source. I am pulling my dash right now and there isn't a lot of room on the fairing to remount. The sides are free but will likely get damaged if (I mean when) I fall. Does the DRZ option mount off a bracket off the handlebar mounts by chance?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wr250r moving ignition to lynx dash   wr250r moving ignition to lynx dash Empty

Back to top Go down

wr250r moving ignition to lynx dash
Page 1 of 1