Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

pirelli MT60 on a X

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jimmy2020

pirelli MT60 on a X Empty
PostSubject: pirelli MT60 on a X   pirelli MT60 on a X EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 12:16 pm

Has anyone tried these?

I have a WR250X in Colorado with dirt tires and love it. I live part time in Costa Rica and I found a really nice WR250X for sale down here with street tires. Where I live in Costa Rica are some really rough dirt roads, so the street tires would have to go. I did find a vendor in San Jose that can get the Pirelli MT60. It looks like it would be a very good tire for my needs.
Looks like the tire sizes of the MT60 are 120 and 130mm widths. I pretty sure they would fit ok. I know I put a 120 MT21 (on the front wheel) on my X back in the states and had a little rubbing on the fork, but I just trimmed some of the side knobs a bit.
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: pirelli MT60 on a X   pirelli MT60 on a X EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 10:51 pm

I had MT60s on my KTM SMC.

While they were great on the street, they, as any multi-purpose tire may be, were limited on dirt.

Accelerating wasn't the problem (the SMC spun everything on the back), although they lacked traction, but STOPPING was a calculated risk at best.

As long as you don't expect more stopping traction than you have (terrain/surface permitting) you'd be okay.
Back to top Go down
jimmy2020

PostSubject: thanks for that info   pirelli MT60 on a X EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 11:38 pm

I think I need to see if the Pirelli disrtibutor down here can get hold of a set of MT21"s.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pirelli MT60 on a X   pirelli MT60 on a X Empty

Back to top Go down

pirelli MT60 on a X
Page 1 of 1