Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

HDPE Polyethylene question for rack.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

HDPE Polyethylene question for rack. Empty
PostSubject: HDPE Polyethylene question for rack.   HDPE Polyethylene question for rack. EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 9:31 pm

So I build a nice rear rack from a cutting board (hdpe polyethylene) and hate the color. Does anyone have a clue if I could dye this with 'Rit-brand' dye? I tried crylon and nothing sticks to this stuff. I'm just looking to at min throw the color off white.
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: HDPE Polyethylene question for rack.   HDPE Polyethylene question for rack. EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 9:19 pm

Tried the Dye and didnt work. Will need black polyethylene.
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: HDPE Polyethylene question for rack.   HDPE Polyethylene question for rack. EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 9:46 am

That stuff is hard to color. I haven't tried it, but the Krylon Fusion is supposed to stick to that stuff. Seems like you did try it. It is definitely easier to start with the right color base material.
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: HDPE Polyethylene question for rack.   HDPE Polyethylene question for rack. EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 10:04 pm

Have a can of rubberized undercoating . Thats my next try!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HDPE Polyethylene question for rack.   HDPE Polyethylene question for rack. Empty

Back to top Go down

HDPE Polyethylene question for rack.
Page 1 of 1