Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

02 August 09 - White Boar Lake

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

02 August 09 - White Boar Lake Empty
PostSubject: 02 August 09 - White Boar Lake   02 August 09 - White Boar Lake EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 12:54 am

With the threat of firest fires all around, and the East Kootenays so far remaining unscathed (although with just a hint of smoke in the air), it was time to get out and get up someplace high and cool before a possible back country closure. With a day promising to hit 35 C., an early ride was required for mountain boys not used to that kind of heat. A ride into White Boar Lake was just the ticket - a road that ran along the shaded side of the mountains with creeks all around, ending in a high alpine lake. No need for camelbacks here - pick any stream and the water is icy and mighty, mighty fine... Not so fine for swimming...

For the curious, White Boar Lake is at UTM Zone 11N 546280 5486908, datum WGS 84

02 August 09 - White Boar Lake Imgp5612

02 August 09 - White Boar Lake Imgp5710

Last edited by Jäger on Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: 02 August 09 - White Boar Lake   02 August 09 - White Boar Lake EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 1:33 pm

Very nice!
Back to top Go down
dirtytrixx400

dirtytrixx400

PostSubject: Re: 02 August 09 - White Boar Lake   02 August 09 - White Boar Lake EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 12:54 am

MeefZah wrote:
Very nice!

+1 thumb looks like a great place to fish too.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: 02 August 09 - White Boar Lake   02 August 09 - White Boar Lake EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 3:53 am

dirtytrixx400 wrote:
MeefZah wrote:
Very nice!

Very average.

The world class flyfishing in that area is the St Maries ( just a few miles away), the Elk, and the Wigwam.

Where is where I should be right now...
Back to top Go down
dirtytrixx400

dirtytrixx400

PostSubject: Re: 02 August 09 - White Boar Lake   02 August 09 - White Boar Lake EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 5:58 pm

Jäger wrote:
dirtytrixx400 wrote:
MeefZah wrote:
Very nice!

Very average.

The world class flyfishing in that area is the St Maries ( just a few miles away), the Elk, and the Wigwam.

Where is where I should be right now...

average is good with the scenery as nice as it is there thumb

let me show you what i picked up a cpl months ago to take on some "multi-purpose"type rides occasionally.

02 August 09 - White Boar Lake SL380047

02 August 09 - White Boar Lake SL380048

daiwa ultra-light mini spin travel kit...bass pro-shops had it....$39.99 it works really well too,very light weight...the blue light wieght tote sack is perfect for it and it doubles as a super-light backpack.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: 02 August 09 - White Boar Lake   02 August 09 - White Boar Lake EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 2:18 am

dirtytrixx400 wrote:
let me show you what i picked up a cpl months ago to take on some "multi-purpose"type rides occasionally. daiwa ultra-light mini spin travel kit...bass pro-shops had it....$39.99 it works really well too,very light weight...the blue light wieght tote sack is perfect for it and it doubles as a super-light backpack.
I've got a 4 piece 3 weight flyrod that breaks down maybe even smaller than that. I'll stick with the fly rod... and I can only ride with one back pack at a time anyways...

But I do need to decide on some racks and luggage. I know what I want. The problem is nobody makes what I want...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 02 August 09 - White Boar Lake   02 August 09 - White Boar Lake Empty

Back to top Go down

02 August 09 - White Boar Lake
Page 1 of 1