Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

So has anybody gotten the slipstream spitfire to work?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Skithis

So has anybody gotten the slipstream spitfire to work? Empty
PostSubject: So has anybody gotten the slipstream spitfire to work?   So has anybody gotten the slipstream spitfire to work? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 3:55 am

I've read a couple threads about it and some people say it was great and others dispise it. Can anybody testify that it does work?
Back to top Go down
Skithis

PostSubject: Re: So has anybody gotten the slipstream spitfire to work?   So has anybody gotten the slipstream spitfire to work? EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 3:32 am

Still on the fence about ordering one!
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: So has anybody gotten the slipstream spitfire to work?   So has anybody gotten the slipstream spitfire to work? EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 10:57 am

I own one. The seating position of the bike made it so that my options were to have to have it upright which causes severe buffeting or angle it back so the air would flow instead of buffeting... then the blast hit me in the neck which made a lot of in helmet noise and would freeze me to death on cold days. Even a shorter person it seems would probably be hit in the face with the blast instead of the neck like me. I would think that would be noisy. Regardless I ditched it, I may try sticking it on my cruiser as the much lower seating position should let me send the air over my head.
Overall I found my WRX to be much quieter (inside my helmet with ear plugs) and warmer without it.
Back to top Go down
Skithis

PostSubject: Re: So has anybody gotten the slipstream spitfire to work?   So has anybody gotten the slipstream spitfire to work? EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 2:29 am

Well I'm glad I didn't order one then. I sure wish I could find a decent windshield option.
Back to top Go down
sanluissound

PostSubject: Windshield option   So has anybody gotten the slipstream spitfire to work? EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 11:35 am

I started with a KTM shield that I bolted directly to the head light shroud. Blast to the chest was greatly reduced but a new column of air was being sent towards my face, if I stretched myself up in the saddle it actually got better but riding like that over a distance was not going to happen. This set up might be great for a taller rider who wants a little more protection but doesn't need a lot.

Now I've settled on the MRA Vario screen. It's much bigger but adjustable on the fly (so to speak) in that the top portion can quickly be moved up or down 2 inches or taken off entirely saving another 5 - 7 inches. I've yet to add hand guards but presume they'll reduce the blast a little more. Cruising on the highway at 75 mph or so is MUCH more comfortable with this screen. I have been setting my bike up to be more of an adventure type ride with the biggest focus being off road - for that the screen may be overkill or I'll have to get in the habit of removing the top portion and stowing in a saddle bag once I hit dirt. Here's a link to the POS at Twisted Throttle, these things are not cheap and you'll probably need the additional mounting kit. I found a blog that showed this screen being installed on our bikes, on the factory handlebars. I followed said instructions and found them to be pretty much backward from how I ended up mounting them. When time permits I'll post a photo. Good Luck! - Joe

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/mra-varioscreen-style-vnb-windshield-for-naked-sport-bikes-cruisers-enduro-and-dual-sport-motorcycles

Last edited by sanluissound on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sanluissound

PostSubject: POS or POS   So has anybody gotten the slipstream spitfire to work? EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 1:30 pm

Ha, ha! I was rereading my post and remembered that POS has more than one meaning..

So, to be clear - That's Twisted Throttles "Point Of Sale"

- Joe
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: So has anybody gotten the slipstream spitfire to work?   So has anybody gotten the slipstream spitfire to work? EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 1:48 pm

On that note, this is how the slipstreamer fit on the WRX. Perhaps if adjusted just perfectly It woulda worked but I also just always felt too close to me lol.
Again though, might be related to the fact that I'm about 6'3". I rode ok with it for a while in the summer but when I took it off and remembered how amazingly quiet and turbulence free it is to just be out in the wind, I couldn't make my self put it back on.
Also when I inherited my VTX it came with a huge windshield / shroud on it. HATED it. Nosiest most turbulent thing ever IMO... yet my granpa rode 30k miles with it on? I dunno lol. Other people seem to have better experiences with them than me.

So has anybody gotten the slipstream spitfire to work? B8ljeg
Back to top Go down
thelandman

PostSubject: Re: So has anybody gotten the slipstream spitfire to work?   So has anybody gotten the slipstream spitfire to work? EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:14 pm

Got the smoked version with a bit more lay back than the one pictured above. Looks very good..blocks a lot of the wind off your torso. Prolly improves the overall aerodynamics of the bike...which was the main idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So has anybody gotten the slipstream spitfire to work?   So has anybody gotten the slipstream spitfire to work? Empty

Back to top Go down

So has anybody gotten the slipstream spitfire to work?
Page 1 of 1