Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Who smokes? Meat that is.....

Go down 
+5
GT-250
A66auto
rokka
crazy_dave
motokid
9 posters
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

Who smokes?  Meat that is..... Empty
PostSubject: Who smokes? Meat that is.....   Who smokes?  Meat that is..... EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 6:05 pm

Any smokers here? I just bought one.

A propane Masterbuilt upright smoker with two doors.

Got a small brisket on right now. Tried salmon and chicken last weekend.

Using apple wood.

Mesquite was too strong.

Any and all help appreciated.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Who smokes? Meat that is.....   Who smokes?  Meat that is..... EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 7:16 pm

Seasoning smoker last weekend. It was about 25 degrees F that day.Who smokes?  Meat that is..... Dscn3410

First meal: Salmon smoked with a combination of hickory and mesquite.
Who smokes?  Meat that is..... Dscn3411

Salmon was outstanding, but my wife and I both decided mesquite is too strong.

Apple is the wood I'm using now with a small beef brisket.

Pics to follow. Here's the raw rubbed meat:

Who smokes?  Meat that is..... Dscn3412

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
crazy_dave

crazy_dave

PostSubject: Re: Who smokes? Meat that is.....   Who smokes?  Meat that is..... EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 7:29 am

Try (brining) your chicken first, makes a world of differance. Google will give you a bunch of recipes. basically you soak the bird in a sea salt bath overnight.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Who smokes? Meat that is.....   Who smokes?  Meat that is..... EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 11:40 am

Yup...I'm aware of brining and injecting. I've done the deep fried turkey thing.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Who smokes? Meat that is.....   Who smokes?  Meat that is..... EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 4:05 pm

Turkey Breast - AWESOME!!!!!!!

Who smokes?  Meat that is..... Dscn3540

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
rokka

rokka

PostSubject: Wow   Who smokes?  Meat that is..... EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 11:23 am

I do ! Actually im smoking Arctic chars right now when i read this. Looks wonderful. My smokebox is not so luxyry as yours.
Back to top Go down
rokka

rokka

PostSubject: Smoked Arctic char   Who smokes?  Meat that is..... EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 11:47 am

Who smokes?  Meat that is..... 2wegyvk

Who smokes?  Meat that is..... 2vbugew
Back to top Go down
A66auto

PostSubject: Re: Who smokes? Meat that is.....   Who smokes?  Meat that is..... EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 11:08 pm

I have a Big Green Egg that I use to smoke with.
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

PostSubject: Re: Who smokes? Meat that is.....   Who smokes?  Meat that is..... EmptyThu May 02, 2013 7:10 am

Man that smoked Turkey breast looks the goods mate !! MMMMmmmm

Sorry nothing really substantial to add, other than cheers & enjoy, lol.

Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Who smokes? Meat that is.....   Who smokes?  Meat that is..... EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 2:33 am

I smoke a lot of salmon up North here, I dry brine, 1 cup of cosher salt course, 3 cups brown sugar, mix together well, I just layer the salmon filets and dry brine, let it brine for 4 hours, rinse in cold water and dry off with paper towel, then I smoke for about 8 hours, depending on how much fish is in the smoker, I change the top and bottom rack around so the bottom ones dont get to dry, I use apple wood and cherry and hickory for fish, mesquite is great for ribs, I dont brine them, chicken you can brine, but just make sure you rinse all the brine off before you smoke, or everything will be too salty, cheers.
Back to top Go down
Hog86r

PostSubject: Re: Who smokes? Meat that is.....   Who smokes?  Meat that is..... EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 11:37 pm

hickories are indeed bitter. try sassafras or chinaberry. not too popular but mild flavor. you'll like it.
Back to top Go down
two.wheeled

PostSubject: Re: Who smokes? Meat that is.....   Who smokes?  Meat that is..... EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 5:23 pm

i love to smoke, used to have a cabelas 7 in 1 smoker, now I have a WSM smoker. Did st louis ribs last week for a get together. Mustard rub, then a dry pork rub, let it rest of 30 mins. Onto the smoker for 6 hours @ 225 with hickory. Pulled them out, brushed with bbq sauce and onto the grill for 10 minutes. 3 people at the party told me it was the best ribs they've ever eaten.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Who smokes? Meat that is.....   Who smokes?  Meat that is..... EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 9:46 pm

two.wheeled wrote:
i love to smoke, used to have a cabelas 7 in 1 smoker, now I have a WSM smoker. Did st louis ribs last week for a get together. Mustard rub, then a dry pork rub, let it rest of 30 mins. Onto the smoker for 6 hours @ 225 with hickory. Pulled them out, brushed with bbq sauce and onto the grill for 10 minutes. 3 people at the party told me it was the best ribs they've ever eaten.
Interesting...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who smokes? Meat that is.....   Who smokes?  Meat that is..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Who smokes? Meat that is.....
Page 1 of 1