Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

My X to R converstion (Warp9)

Go down 
+4
N8
bigg
mcdoudlehopper
Wieb27
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Wieb27

Wieb27

My X to R converstion (Warp9) Empty
PostSubject: My X to R converstion (Warp9)   My X to R converstion (Warp9) EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 4:29 pm

Got my "R" Warp 9 wheels together this weekend and put them on my WR250X. I went with a Dunlop D606 rear and a Pirelli MT21 front. Both bolted right up without any issue. iPhone photos are kinda blurry....

My X to R converstion (Warp9) Img_1911My X to R converstion (Warp9) Img_1912
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: My X to R converstion (Warp9)   My X to R converstion (Warp9) EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 5:06 pm

Nice! thumb Is there much offroading in Sheboygan? Im about 4 hours north of you in Michigan U.P.. Any group rides that way? Would be nicer for Appleton, Green bay area or North, But I would be down with that.
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: My X to R converstion (Warp9)   My X to R converstion (Warp9) EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 5:47 pm

Now that you got some R wheels on it's time to get dirty!! don't think my R has ever been that clean since coming off the showroom floor Very happy

Really like the look of the black rims on the R thumb and the black side panels with blue fairing combo. Thinking of that myself as the white side panels are always so dirty and greasy Shog
Back to top Go down
N8

PostSubject: Re: My X to R converstion (Warp9)   My X to R converstion (Warp9) EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 7:03 pm

Looks awesome. I plan to do the same this year and do some dualsporting.
Back to top Go down
Wieb27

Wieb27

PostSubject: Re: My X to R converstion (Warp9)   My X to R converstion (Warp9) EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 8:28 pm

mcdoudlehopper wrote:
Nice! thumb Is there much offroading in Sheboygan? Im about 4 hours north of you in Michigan U.P.. Any group rides that way? Would be nicer for Appleton, Green bay area or North, But I would be down with that.

There is some in our county but no "official" trail system. It's a shame too because there is some prime riding area in the western areas of the county in the Kettles. Unfortunately it's all horse trails.

bigg wrote:
Now that you got some R wheels on it's time to get dirty!! don't think my R has ever been that clean since coming off the showroom floor Very happy

Really like the look of the black rims on the R thumb and the black side panels with blue fairing combo. Thinking of that myself as the white side panels are always so dirty and greasy Shog

Thanks and yea I bought it with the black side panels. The previous owner did that. Trust me, this thing will get dirty. I bought it last December as an X version and I don't think it's ever seen mud yet. Obviously Wisconsin winters aren't too good for "muddy/dirt" riding but in due time. Hoping to get up north and start out doing a couple day trips and then work into overnight camping trips. I want to add luggage, etc to it yet but I want to wait to really know what I need as I get more and more into it.

Here's a copule more photos:
https://i.servimg.com/u/f71/18/12/43/10/img_1913.jpg
https://i.servimg.com/u/f71/18/12/43/10/img_1914.jpg
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: My X to R converstion (Warp9)   My X to R converstion (Warp9) EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 8:56 pm

Get ahold of me this summer and we should go on a overnighter in Michigan. Our trail systems up here would blow your mind. Thats why everyone from Wisconsin comes to the U.P. to snowmobile. We also have two different State owned orv parks. Most of it is single track, and lots of camping. Try to google Porterfield Lake ORV Trails.
Back to top Go down
Wieb27

Wieb27

PostSubject: Re: My X to R converstion (Warp9)   My X to R converstion (Warp9) EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 8:10 am

mcdoudlehopper wrote:
Get ahold of me this summer and we should go on a overnighter in Michigan. Our trail systems up here would blow your mind. Thats why everyone from Wisconsin comes to the U.P. to snowmobile. We also have two different State owned orv parks. Most of it is single track, and lots of camping. Try to google Porterfield Lake ORV Trails.

Just might have to do that. I am a little familiar with the trails in the UP as far as snowmobiling. I snowmobile as well but mainly just to get me through the motorcycle off-season.
Back to top Go down
Daamud

Daamud

PostSubject: Re: My X to R converstion (Warp9)   My X to R converstion (Warp9) EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:50 pm

beavis

I'm in between you two, in Crivitz, WI.

I'd be in for a meet up this summer.

Sumo or dirt.
Back to top Go down
wristpin

PostSubject: Re: My X to R converstion (Warp9)   My X to R converstion (Warp9) EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 8:52 pm

Now you need a skidplate and some handguards too.
Back to top Go down
Wieb27

Wieb27

PostSubject: Re: My X to R converstion (Warp9)   My X to R converstion (Warp9) EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 8:25 am

wristpin wrote:
Now you need a skidplate and some handguards too.

I read your mind! I since did Zeta bar guards and a Ricochet Skid Plate.
Back to top Go down
wristpin

PostSubject: Re: My X to R converstion (Warp9)   My X to R converstion (Warp9) EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 7:33 pm

Good choices!
Back to top Go down
HunterSon

PostSubject: Re: My X to R converstion (Warp9)   My X to R converstion (Warp9) EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 8:56 pm

Is there much height difference when going from the 17/17 to the 18/21? I have 17" Kenda K270s on mine and gained just over an inch in height over the stock tires. I want a proper set of offroad wheels but I am just on my toes as it is.
Back to top Go down
Wieb27

Wieb27

PostSubject: Re: My X to R converstion (Warp9)   My X to R converstion (Warp9) EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 7:20 am

HunterSon wrote:
Is there much height difference when going from the 17/17 to the 18/21? I have 17" Kenda K270s on mine and gained just over an inch in height over the stock tires. I want a proper set of offroad wheels but I am just on my toes as it is.

There is definitly a height difference. It's not a lot and I really don't even notice it that much. I think your benefits are far better the larger/narrower front in the dirt.
Back to top Go down
Carmmond

PostSubject: Re: My X to R converstion (Warp9)   My X to R converstion (Warp9) EmptySat May 11, 2013 9:26 pm

Daamud wrote:

beavis

Sumo or dirt.

My parents retired in Crivitz so I may be game to do a ride this summer I would just have to take off the truck cap to hull the bike up.
Back to top Go down
Wieb27

Wieb27

PostSubject: Re: My X to R converstion (Warp9)   My X to R converstion (Warp9) EmptyMon May 13, 2013 7:20 am

Carmmond wrote:
Daamud wrote:

beavis

Sumo or dirt.

My parents retired in Crivitz so I may be game to do a ride this summer I would just have to take off the truck cap to hull the bike up.

I often stay at a cabin on Lake Noquebay. Walking distance to the Mohawk Bar by the dam.
Back to top Go down
Daamud

Daamud

PostSubject: Re: My X to R converstion (Warp9)   My X to R converstion (Warp9) EmptyFri May 24, 2013 12:52 am

Wieb27 wrote:
Carmmond wrote:
Daamud wrote:

beavis

Sumo or dirt.

I often stay at a cabin on Lake Noquebay. Walking distance to the Mohawk Bar by the dam.

In the middle of moving back to the Waukesha area. cry Our landlords lost their other house and gave us the boot. (long story)

But will be up here a bunch riding and hunting....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My X to R converstion (Warp9)   My X to R converstion (Warp9) Empty

Back to top Go down

My X to R converstion (Warp9)
Page 1 of 1