Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hello from Loves Park, IL! Brrr

Go down 
AuthorMessage
leed

Hello from Loves Park, IL! Brrr Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Loves Park, IL! Brrr   Hello from Loves Park, IL! Brrr EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 1:02 am

I just picked up a WRX from a fellow on CLSB (if you're familiar). And have been lurking this forum since I started looking for one!

It's a 2008 at ~2.7k miles so I dread the fuel pump issue but at the same time it will likely be sometime until I see it given the current weather. I did get a chance to ride for ~30 minutes total over the past weekend but man it was cold!

I come from a sport bike background (but am not new to 250's!), but I also come from a much more... motorcycle friendly landscape than what I have found here thusfar. I recently moved here for work from North Carolina, so it's a bit of change (both weather and riding roads). I don't think I've seen many from the Rockford/South Wisconsin area, but maybe there are a few. If not, I will frequent Chicago on at least a monthly basis if there is any life out there :P

More WRX/R related.. I already have some things on my to-do list for the WRX, namely tires, a good chain cleaning, and a good radiator guard (looking at Force) as given my current track (no pun intended) record, I have a history of lowsiding. My SV is forgiving enough to not-leak-when-bent and to remain intact with zipties (hey, it passes tech!) while my 250R is protected by fairly robust fairings as well as the bars at it's location behind the forks. And though there are no current plans for taking the WRX on the track, I may just trailer it with my SV just in case Very happy
Back to top Go down

Hello from Loves Park, IL! Brrr
Page 1 of 1