Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street

Go down 
+2
gatorfan
GusinCA
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GusinCA

GusinCA

Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street Empty
PostSubject: Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street   Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 9:36 pm

Here's the route from my Spot Tracker...

Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street 0807copy_zpsbfe192d0

Just enough snow, but not too much...

Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street 0810copy_zps4cb9da11

Beautiful scenery

Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street 0814copy_zps20d92a70

Mud and snow everywhere...

Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street 0815copy_zpsd281999f

Good thing I have 1 wheel drive!

Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street 0820copy_zps2d380903

This creek was TOUGH, just getting to the single track (2W101) was scraping it over boulders on the skidplate...

Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street 0825copy_zps46f2746c

Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street   Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 9:38 pm

It's a spot called "Devil's Hole". Beautiful.

Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street 0830copy_zps863b65c7

This is the single track. This is an easy part.

Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street 0835copy_zps8788bdad

Same here...

Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street 0840copy_zps60810f43

Someone agrees with me...

Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street 0845copy_zpsdd4d6232

Down to the lake...

Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street 0850copy_zps77707bfd

Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street 0852copy_zps4a9887f5

At the dam...

Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street 0855copy_zpsdd3f8df6

Sunset and then home!

Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street 0857copy_zps4f238654

I'm glad I had an electric vest and gloves on...

Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street 0860copy_zps0f7c03fc
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street   Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 12:26 am

Really really nice. Good eye for pics.
Back to top Go down
sanluissound

PostSubject: Beautiful looking ride!   Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 1:29 pm

Just beautiful! What a great combination of terrains and views.

Still waiting here in CO to get back up to my local, favorite spots - too much snow.

ps - Are you riding sans helmet because the camera is on there?
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street   Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 1:43 pm

Yes, I ride by myself and have a special camera that waits to see movement to take a picture. When I set this camera up I usually take my helmet off and then walk back to the bike and ride past slowly. Unless I'm doing something where I'm going faster than a few mph, in which case I'll keep it on (like the jump in my profile pic)...

Yeah, that area is beautiful. It was 70 miles round trip, 40 miles of hard off road and 30 miles of curvy streets. I got lucky a couple of times that the snow I ran into wasn't too deep for 1 wheel drive...

And I can imagine there's snow where you are, I took my Rhino to Ouray this summer, and it was snowing at Engineer pass in August. Amazing...

Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street 6995copy_zps12297302
Back to top Go down
SLOWRIDER

PostSubject: Big Bear ride   Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 10:30 pm

Gus you are a gutsy guy riding those trails in the winter by yourself!

Have you ever ridden from Big Bear to Lucerne Valley?

Back to top Go down
BoredAzHell20

PostSubject: Re: Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street   Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 11:58 pm

Man I want to ride those trails with you! Let me know when you go for another run. I am in the huntington beach area.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street   Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:35 pm

SLOWRIDER wrote:
Gus you are a gutsy guy riding those trails in the winter by yourself!

Have you ever ridden from Big Bear to Lucerne Valley?

That's why I carry a Delorme PN-60w with SPOT and keep it on continuous tracking mode, so my wife can follow where I am and tell the rescue where to find the body... :)

That said, there were quite a few other riders out there that day, and that made me feel better.

I've ridden from Lucerne Valley to Big Bear, beautiful area...
Back to top Go down
nyc_bob

PostSubject: Re: Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street   Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 9:05 pm

Looks like a beautiful day for a ride.

What kind of case is on your tail rack?

Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street   Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:57 pm

nyc_bob wrote:
Looks like a beautiful day for a ride.

What kind of case is on your tail rack?

That's the case from Yamaha, and I hard bolted it to the rack from Yamaha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street   Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street Empty

Back to top Go down

Snow Ride-Silverwood to Big Bear-Nasty Single Track & Street
Page 1 of 1