Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Brake Hose Replacement

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jhattan

Brake Hose Replacement Empty
PostSubject: Brake Hose Replacement   Brake Hose Replacement EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:21 am

Well I have my suspension sent off to Go Race for a revalve, and in the mean time I'm working through some recommended maintenance while the bike is torn apart. I worked through the General Maintenance chart from the manual last spring and completed all but two items, brake hose replacement and servicing the steering bearings. The manual recommends replacing the brake hoses every four years. Is this something that should be done or is it overly cautionary? I have an '08 'R with ~4000 miles on it. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Brake Hose Replacement   Brake Hose Replacement EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:47 pm

Overly cautionary........but sooner or later they will start to get hard and crack. Get some SS braided lines when you do change them out.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Brake Hose Replacement   Brake Hose Replacement EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 6:46 pm

Chrispy1200 wrote:
Overly cautionary........but sooner or later they will start to get hard and crack. Get some SS braided lines when you do change them out.

Agreed, but I'd get the new line now. I love SS brake lines. Much better feel. Do it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brake Hose Replacement   Brake Hose Replacement Empty

Back to top Go down

Brake Hose Replacement
Page 1 of 1