Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Converted my R2 into a SM

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
airbornediver

airbornediver

Converted my R2 into a SM Empty
PostSubject: Converted my R2 into a SM   Converted my R2 into a SM EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 9:38 pm

I wanted to sell or trade my R2 to buy a X. I decided to convert it using Warp 9 wheels and did a bunch of other mods. I am in love with this bike all over again. I dropped a 12 tooth sprocket in the front and got a 44 on the rear. Seems better than stock. I ordered some Pivot Pegs today. Next on the list is ASV C6 levers or Righteous Brothers levers. I can't seem to find red or yellow axel and pipe slider.

[img]Converted my R2 into a SM Img_7410[/img]

[img]Converted my R2 into a SM Img_7411[/img]

[img]Converted my R2 into a SM Img_7413[/img]

[img]Converted my R2 into a SM Img_7414[/img]
Back to top Go down
leed

PostSubject: Re: Converted my R2 into a SM   Converted my R2 into a SM EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 1:01 am

Looks great, man! What kind of disc lock have you got there?
Back to top Go down
airbornediver

airbornediver

PostSubject: Re: Converted my R2 into a SM   Converted my R2 into a SM EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 9:58 am

Thanks man. It is a Zena XZ series lock. I got it from Cycle Gear.

leed wrote:
Looks great, man! What kind of disc lock have you got there?
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Converted my R2 into a SM   Converted my R2 into a SM EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 10:28 pm

1) Did you change fork tube protectors? Some folks who did R>X found it necessary.

2) If so, did you have to change the bracket that fixes the brake line to the fork tube protector also, or were you able to use the bracket from the R2?
Back to top Go down
A66auto

PostSubject: Re: Converted my R2 into a SM   Converted my R2 into a SM EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 11:11 pm

I did the same thing and agree that it make its a whole new bike.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Converted my R2 into a SM   Converted my R2 into a SM EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 10:54 pm

gatorfan wrote:
... did you have to change the bracket that fixes the brake line to the fork tube protector also, or were you able to use the bracket from the R2?

Found it ... bracket for X tube protectors is same as R
Back to top Go down
crazy_dave

crazy_dave

PostSubject: Re: Converted my R2 into a SM   Converted my R2 into a SM EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 6:32 am

gatorfan wrote:
1) Did you change fork tube protectors? Some folks who did R>X found it necessary.

2) If so, did you have to change the bracket that fixes the brake line to the fork tube protector also, or were you able to use the bracket from the R2?

Not with the warp9 rims. They use the R rotor so it a direct bolt-on with no need to change the caliper or bracket.
Back to top Go down
airbornediver

airbornediver

PostSubject: Re: Converted my R2 into a SM   Converted my R2 into a SM EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 4:29 pm

Hi I used the stock guards. I just grounded them down where the tire rubbed.

I replaced the brake line bracket with a Zeta since I had the run the brake line on the outside.

gatorfan wrote:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Converted my R2 into a SM   Converted my R2 into a SM Empty

Back to top Go down

Converted my R2 into a SM
Page 1 of 1