Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Regarding installation of a modified YZ250F silencer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Outbacker

Outbacker

Regarding installation of a modified YZ250F silencer Empty
PostSubject: Regarding installation of a modified YZ250F silencer   Regarding installation of a modified YZ250F silencer EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 10:48 pm

Just curious if anyone out there has heard of installing an OEM '06-'10 YZ250F silencer on a WR250R/X poser2 . Rumors on the MX forums say this was a decent silencer, and I happen to have the pro-moto billet endcap for such a silencer which allows quick removal / re-installation of the spark arrestor screen. I know I will likely have to do some cutting, heating, and bending of the midpipe, but I have just the facility for that. Any advice leading to installation and results will be shared with the forum thumb .
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Regarding installation of a modified YZ250F silencer   Regarding installation of a modified YZ250F silencer EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 5:28 am

There are links to some videos in this thread.
My opinion is that this looks like a wart on the end of your nose:

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t3751-yz250f-exhaust-pipe
Back to top Go down
Outbacker

Outbacker

PostSubject: Re: Regarding installation of a modified YZ250F silencer   Regarding installation of a modified YZ250F silencer EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 9:58 pm

YZEtc wrote:
There are links to some videos in this thread.
My opinion is that this looks like a wart on the end of your nose:

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t3751-yz250f-exhaust-pipe

Thanks for the link! One of the links went to a Japanese guy who did one and does not look too bad, he tucked it in real nice. Part of the motivation is removing an expensive Pro-moto endcap which is a sweet little convertable spark arrestor, I am about to sell the '07 YZ that has it installed now. The exhaust savings get me closer to Athena world cheers
Back to top Go down
germanwr250r

PostSubject: Re: Regarding installation of a modified YZ250F silencer   Regarding installation of a modified YZ250F silencer EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 3:08 am

You can buy a yz250f exhaust (header+muffler), that fits on your wr250r: http://ysp.peeweeclub.com/shopinfo/wr70/ -The only problem seems to be the language:(

12600¥ are 131$!!!

Last edited by germanwr250r on Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
germanwr250r

PostSubject: Re: Regarding installation of a modified YZ250F silencer   Regarding installation of a modified YZ250F silencer EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 3:19 am

I see, that their main homepage is in english maybe you could send them an email...
Back to top Go down
Outbacker

Outbacker

PostSubject: Re: Regarding installation of a modified YZ250F silencer   Regarding installation of a modified YZ250F silencer EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 12:12 am

germanwr250r wrote:
I see, that their main homepage is in english maybe you could send them an email...

What is weird is that the US YZ250F mufflers are alot shorter than the ones pictured on that site and other Japanese sites as well. scratch
Back to top Go down
sodapop

PostSubject: Re: Regarding installation of a modified YZ250F silencer   Regarding installation of a modified YZ250F silencer EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 8:38 am

Does this silencer have fiberglass packing? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regarding installation of a modified YZ250F silencer   Regarding installation of a modified YZ250F silencer Empty

Back to top Go down

Regarding installation of a modified YZ250F silencer
Page 1 of 1