Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hello from MD

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
skytree

Hello from MD Empty
PostSubject: Hello from MD   Hello from MD EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 8:20 pm

Hey Guys,
Two weeks ago, I got a 2009 WR250X from Craigslist with only 387 miles!

This past week, I just completed 1500 miles roundtrip to NC on stock tank, broken fuel pump and stock seat with Alaskan sheepskin buttpad.
To make it to RTP, NC from Baltimore MD, I had to keep the engine running while refueling. Once the fuel pump got hot, I would not be able to restart the engine until it cooled down for 40 minutes.

Once I was in NC, I was able to find a dealer in Durham, NC - Triangle Cycle who was able to overnight the fuel pump for me to replace it under warranty in two days! (other deals were quoting me 2 or 3 weeks) Great service from the dealer. I highly recommend them.

I went to Deals Gap and rode the Tail of Dragon on WR250X.... Challenging road! Also, rode Skyway and much prefered it for scenary.

I have 100% confidence that WR250X is fine for highway touring. What you cant do is pass with authority as a super sport could but if you know limitation, then its fine. I had to bend down like I was riding sport bike when I wanted to pass. Mileage I got was around 56mpg (loaded with Cortech soft luggage system which probably created a lot of drag) while going 75 to 80 mph.
Having to refuel every 80 to 90 miles sucked HUGE. Also seat was not comfortable with sheepskin pad alone.

I'm looking for IMS 4.7 Gallon tank upgrade (although still considering 3 gallon IMS tank). Also Seat concept seems like the way to go.

Some questions I have are..
1. IMS 4.7 vs 3 Gallon tank... which would you get and why?
2. Seat Concept seat.. would it work with IMS 4.7 or 3 Gallon Tank?
3. Are there any shorter aftermarket kick stand? Mines lowered one inch and bike is not leaning much and I'm worried it would tip over.
4. Windscreen... any recommendation here?

Hello from MD Img_2612
Back to top Go down
Rusty Shovel

Rusty Shovel

Hello from MD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from MD   Hello from MD EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 11:49 pm

I went with the 3.0 tank for the following reasons:

1) Didn't want to deal with auxiliary pump 2) Didn't want the bike to feel wider 3) I liked the tank graphics as is 4) the range, about 120 miles before reserve, is sufficient for my needs 5) I didn't want too much weight over the front wheel 6) I plan on a Rotopax 1.75 on the rear for better front/rear balance 7) I don't have to carry an extra tank when I don't need it.

Someday I may go with the 4.7, like if I ever move to Nevada or something, but in Texas I always seem to be within 70 miles of the next gas stop.

I would like a TCI Windscreen someday. I haven't read too many reviews, but it looks really good.

Congratulations on your new (to you) bike!
Back to top Go down

Hello from MD
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: New Members-
Jump to: