Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

European and Japanese taillight assembly

Go down 
+7
flatboarder
BPG
chicko
awen
MeefZah
YZEtc
28marcb
11 posters
AuthorMessage
28marcb

European and Japanese taillight assembly Empty
PostSubject: European and Japanese taillight assembly   European and Japanese taillight assembly EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 9:49 am

This is how I want to upgrade my taillight assembly. Does anyone know how to direct me to European, Australian or Japanese parts dealer. This taillight is OEM in those countries, but I have no idea how to order it from the U.S. of A. If you compare this taillight to the edge fender eliminator, you will notice this one is much closer to the end of the fender and therefore should be more visible. Thanks for any help, Marc B

European and Japanese taillight assembly 2009-WR250R-detail-12_prv_tcm26-271293
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: European and Japanese taillight assembly   European and Japanese taillight assembly EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 10:22 pm

Myself, I wouldn't bother.
You'd still have that mega flap hanging down, unless you modify your new taillight assembly.

I'd just get the Edge (I did for my WR-250R and DR-Z400SM) or even a universal Baja Designs LED taillight before I tried to import the Jap one. :)

The rear fender is angled up so much that the Edge taillight is clearly visible from behind.
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: European and Japanese taillight assembly   European and Japanese taillight assembly EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 8:06 am

That taillight (not the signals and bracket) looks like the one on the new WR250F and appears to be mounted in the same location - snugged right up under the plastics.
Back to top Go down
28marcb

PostSubject: Re: European and Japanese taillight assembly   European and Japanese taillight assembly EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 2:47 pm

MeefZah wrote:
That taillight (not the signals and bracket) looks like the one on the new WR250F and appears to be mounted in the same location - snugged right up under the plastics.

Yeah, I agree, it does. I just wonder if the 250f light has the mounting area for the turn signals. I'll try the Yamaha parts fische.
Back to top Go down
awen

PostSubject: Re: European and Japanese taillight assembly   European and Japanese taillight assembly EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 5:29 pm

you maybe can order this taillight in finland http://www.yamaha-center.fi/Yamaha_Centerit/Vantaa/Yhteystiedot.jsp Use google translate and translate finnish to english and then you can find right phone number and you can call they thumb but i think this taillight is soo expensive..and i belive you dont really wont to pay so much for it.
Back to top Go down
28marcb

PostSubject: Re: European and Japanese taillight assembly   European and Japanese taillight assembly EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 9:38 pm

awen wrote:
you maybe can order this taillight in finland http://www.yamaha-center.fi/Yamaha_Centerit/Vantaa/Yhteystiedot.jsp Use google translate and translate finnish to english and then you can find right phone number and you can call they thumb but i think this taillight is soo expensive..and i belive you dont really wont to pay so much for it.

Thank you so much for the reply. You are right, the part is expensive. It comes to roughly 200.00 dollars U.S. I'll probably hold off on that for awhile. Still need a fuel programmer and a set of dirt wheels. Marc B
Back to top Go down
chicko

chicko

PostSubject: Re: European and Japanese taillight assembly   European and Japanese taillight assembly EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 6:40 am

European and Japanese taillight assembly Wr10

The big No. plate hanger is just held on with four bolts. But i got a price on the tail light and it is $350aus and then you need the plastic protector under the light which is $57aus
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: European and Japanese taillight assembly   European and Japanese taillight assembly EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 10:09 am

Does a different tail light make the bike go faster or why even bother with it anyway? lurk
Back to top Go down
28marcb

PostSubject: Re: European and Japanese taillight assembly   European and Japanese taillight assembly EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 5:21 pm

SpaGuru wrote:
Does a different tail light make the bike go faster or why even bother with it anyway? lurk

From all the research here and advrider, I do think it will increase topspeed... at least as much as renthal handlebars. thumb Very happy J/K I really want to change it out because it reminds of a KAWASAKI underfender... No ,really though, where I ride offroad(singletrack and mototracks) it will be a hinderence, but I do want to keep my stock blinkers. So far I can't see how I would do that with the edge fender eliminator/taillight. Marc B
Back to top Go down
BPG

BPG

PostSubject: Re: European and Japanese taillight assembly   European and Japanese taillight assembly EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 10:38 pm

I just know that in really gnarly rooted/rocky/hilly/slimy Appalachian Mountain kinda riding wink (often deer & horse trails! Very happy ), I've smashed the lic. plate light assembly clean off and crumpled the plate itself a few times... Suspect Don't ask... Very happy For that reason, I like the idea of a less bulky set-up.
Back to top Go down
flatboarder

flatboarder

PostSubject: Re: European and Japanese taillight assembly   European and Japanese taillight assembly EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 10:00 am

Back to top Go down
28marcb

PostSubject: Re: European and Japanese taillight assembly   European and Japanese taillight assembly EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 8:22 am

(Euro taillight slightly modified with number plate stays removed)[/quote]

Are the brakelight and turn signal mounting locations seperate pieces from the rest of the plastic? Anotherwords, could I order just the brakelight and housing?
Back to top Go down
flatboarder

flatboarder

PostSubject: Re: European and Japanese taillight assembly   European and Japanese taillight assembly EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 10:31 am

28marcb wrote:

Are the brakelight and turn signal mounting locations seperate pieces from the rest of the plastic? Anotherwords, could I order just the brakelight and housing?

I think so, but I can no longer recall the details how it is fixed there.
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: European and Japanese taillight assembly   European and Japanese taillight assembly EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 12:14 pm

This is THE piece of housing that you will need... The brake light is secured to the 3-hole mount on the sub frame...

This housing will go under the brake light as cover-up... It is secured at 4 points, and the signals will attach to it

Top view:
European and Japanese taillight assembly Photo0466i

Side view:
European and Japanese taillight assembly Photo0467

Bottom view: (Sorry for the wet shot European and Japanese taillight assembly 93746 )
European and Japanese taillight assembly Photo0468

and lastly... the rear view European and Japanese taillight assembly 500735
European and Japanese taillight assembly Photo0469o
Back to top Go down
28marcb

PostSubject: Re: European and Japanese taillight assembly   European and Japanese taillight assembly EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 10:48 pm

Exactly what I'm looking for. Any chance at a part #??
Back to top Go down
mtb

mtb

PostSubject: Re: European and Japanese taillight assembly   European and Japanese taillight assembly EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 7:50 am

I am sorry but most of the part numbers that I got was for the US spec WR..

I can go down to the dealer to get it if you want... but that will only take place during the weekend European and Japanese taillight assembly 93746
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: European and Japanese taillight assembly   European and Japanese taillight assembly EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 9:59 pm

using a sharp utility knife i carefully cut around the tail light assembly & made this:

European and Japanese taillight assembly Wrxracktail

I had to make a bracket to come down & attach the plate to, plus beef up the back for my rack.

scotty
Back to top Go down
Steve74

Steve74

PostSubject: Re: European and Japanese taillight assembly   European and Japanese taillight assembly EmptyWed May 27, 2015 5:53 pm

Were you ever able to get a Japan taillight assembly I would like to get on as well they look better in my opinion. wouldn't take much to fix up the license plate bracket on them
Back to top Go down
beer goggle

beer goggle

PostSubject: Re: European and Japanese taillight assembly   European and Japanese taillight assembly EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 11:24 am

Thought I'd add these pics for reference. No chopping was involved. Alls I did was remove the cumbersome plate holder and associated gubbins and cut an old DRC universal plate mount to hold the plate, which was zip tied to the bracket. It's a piece that can be easily fabricated with kydex or a thin plate of aluminium. When you look at it carefully in the pics it looks a bit weird, but when you're actually stood by it it looks like a regular plate holder.

European and Japanese taillight assembly IMG_2898_zpsdhabfxfb

European and Japanese taillight assembly IMG_2897_zps52pne4xi

European and Japanese taillight assembly IMG_2896_zps3fxdpamm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: European and Japanese taillight assembly   European and Japanese taillight assembly Empty

Back to top Go down

European and Japanese taillight assembly
Page 1 of 1