Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

bogged down at 70 mph

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
haygood

bogged down at 70 mph Empty
PostSubject: bogged down at 70 mph   bogged down at 70 mph EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 4:21 pm

Last week I installed the powercore 4 and the power programmer. This past weekend I took about a hour trip on the highway doing about 70 mph. During the trip it bogged down twice for about a second. Like the fule cut off or something. It seems to run great with the setting the programmer is running except on this occasion. Don't have the #s that Im running right now in front of me but has any one else experienced this? Thanks
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: bogged down at 70 mph   bogged down at 70 mph EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 4:24 pm

FmF programmer?

What numbers are the settings set at?

5th number something less than 6 perhaps? Like a 4?

click me

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: bogged down at 70 mph   bogged down at 70 mph EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 8:00 pm

motokid wrote:

5th number something less than 6 perhaps? Like a 4?

This is my guess too, fmf's recomended settings are very good execpt for the 5th number it needs to be 6.
I had the same issue.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: bogged down at 70 mph   bogged down at 70 mph EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 9:52 pm

+2 on the 5th number. Make it a 6 or higher.

I am actually running with all of the last 3 numbers at 8 right now. Noticed a little low speed stumble when cold but otherwise it seems no different. Right now I am at:

2, 2, 0.5, 8, 8, 8

Ultimate Airbox Mod
GSXR 600/750 silencer w/ Two Brothers Midpipe
EXUP gone
AIS Gone
14/48 gearing.

Going to upgrade to a PC 5 in the next week or so since I found a Dyno shop about a mile from work.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: bogged down at 70 mph   bogged down at 70 mph EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 5:50 am

rsteiger wrote:

Going to upgrade to a PC 5 in the next week or so since I found a Dyno shop about a mile from work.

I will LOVE to hear your seat-of-the-pants review of the difference in power.

Of course if you really want to make a splash and get a dyno run on the FMF then get a dyno run on the PCV you might be a hero around here for a long time. Very happy bow thumb freaky

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: bogged down at 70 mph   bogged down at 70 mph EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 7:55 am

motokid wrote:
rsteiger wrote:

I will LOVE to hear your seat-of-the-pants review of the difference in power.

Of course if you really want to make a splash and get a dyno run on the FMF then get a dyno run on the PCV you might be a hero around here for a long time. Very happy bow thumb freaky

LOL!

Well the likelyhood of that happening is slim to none. While the place is convenient for me and the price isn't too bad I do travel a bit for work so my time is limited as to when I can get the bike into the shop.

Spoke to the tuner at the place and have to admit he is a good salesman. Basically told me the FMF programmer is a good value choice but it applies it's corrections across a whole range of RPM and operating patterns without really looking at what is needed for a certain RPM and load. In the end, the stuff he was telling me was relating to the same issues I am seeing on the bike with the FMF (#5 setting being one of them).

So in the end I decided to upgrade and he will be providing me with two maps. One set up for good overall performance and another for fuel economy / high altitude operation (it will be leaner but not to the point that it will damage the engine).

An interesting side bar is that he actually talked me out of the autotune feature. Basically said that set it up on the dyno and if you think you need it after that you can always add it later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bogged down at 70 mph   bogged down at 70 mph Empty

Back to top Go down

bogged down at 70 mph
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: Technical :: Pipes 'n Programmers-
Jump to: