Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Wow.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sean.mcbride1

Wow. Empty
PostSubject: Wow.   Wow. EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 8:57 pm

So, around 8 months ago, I got into a little crash on the 250X. tank slapper at 65. I am EXTREMELY surprised at how well the bike fared. only a couple of things "needed" replaced.

Handlebars (I was using cheap fly racing bars). bent those to a full 90, but still ground about an inch off.
Throttle tube,
footpeg,
exhaust cover,
radiator shroud,
and scratched the passenger peg up a little

But like i said, I'm really surprised at how well it turned out.

Anyone else dropped their bike at speed? Results?

Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

Wow. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow.   Wow. EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 9:19 pm

How did you fare?
Back to top Go down
sean.mcbride1

Wow. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow.   Wow. EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 9:29 pm

Not too bad. A little rash on the hip because I was only wearing jeans, and then since I landed in the grass, my elbow was stabbed by a stick through my riding jacket. couple hours in the ER, a couple days with a walker, and I was good to go.

Warning, the following pictures not for the squeamish!

Wow. Img_0010

Wow. Gopr0110
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

Wow. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow.   Wow. EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 9:02 am

I did nearly the smae thing. Came off a little jump at about 50 and landed in a tank slapper.
The stock bars folded like a pretzel, as did the right foot peg. The throttle tube needed replacing as well.
I rashed up the right radiator shroud a little bit, but it wasn't bad enough to bother replacing. Same story on the front fender. I used that as an opportunity to trim it back some, which removed quite a bit of the rash. Headlight shroud actually got rashed up a bit too. It's still on there.

I had rashed knees pretty bad, and minor scuffs on my wrists from the gap between my gloves and leather jacket. Jeans just evaporate on the pavement. My helmet was destroyed. I was a bit concussed.

I rode the bike back to our motel and called it a day. I think I've got a thread/post around here somewhere with pics.
Back to top Go down
Carbomb

Carbomb

Wow. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow.   Wow. EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 12:34 am

Aside from smaller crashes I've had in the desert, I've had several pretty good crashes at speed on the street with my bike. First riding Palomar Mtn. here in San Diego. I lowsided at 70mph, managing only to scrape up the handguard, sliders and Fastway footpeg on that side. The bike slid in front of me for a distance before the tires made contact with a curb, then highsiding the bike. After that, it was just a loose zerk fitting on the front brakes. I was able to ride it pretty gingerly home after that.

Another time on the freeway during morning commute. I was spitting lanes when the traffic ahead came to a screeching halt for what turned out to be another bike accident further ahead. Three cars pulled out from the left to get into the right lane all at once just in front of me, and with cars to both my right and left and no time to brake, I needed to split-second maneuver around these people. I got around the first two with hard right/hard left switchovers once they saw me coming and stayed put in the center. The third guy kept moving over though, and the person behind him started getting over at that point also making a left hand maneuver more dangerous. Went sideways right and left to get around him and by that time traffic was completely stopped with the smallest opening between two cars in front of me. I went for it, still at speed, and ended up clipping the tail section on a Ridgeline, which sent me sliding right into a Grand Prix. I flew over the handlebars landing on my back and helmet. I laid there about 30sec assessing my arm/leg/neck movements before getting up to walk over and pick up the bike. The damage was a handguard, the peg (again), the DRC tail light getting bent down in it's bracket and a destroyed license plate. Aside from that, the bike started right up and after some fiddling and bending, was good to ride.

I didn't incur any injuries from either crash by wearing proper riding gear each time. Shoei helmet, Alpinestars leather jacket with upgraded back and chest armor, Forcefield padded pants and Kevlar jeans, SMX-5 boots, Rev'It! leather gloves. ATGATT... I'm definitely a believer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wow. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wow.   Wow. Empty

Back to top Go down

Wow.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: WRR/X General Discussion-
Jump to: