Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

REV-LOK clutch

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TD

REV-LOK clutch Empty
PostSubject: REV-LOK clutch   REV-LOK clutch EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 3:44 pm

I just bought a 2010 WR250R with REV-LOK Clutch. If I let off the gas while upshifting, it locks up and won't upshift. It is not the DYNA RING type, it appears the pressure plate and the rest has been replaced with the REV-LOK parts. I am not fond of it so far and would consider replacing with the stock clutch unless someone can give me directions on adjustment for shifting. If I do replace, does anyone know what parts are need. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

REV-LOK clutch Empty
PostSubject: Re: REV-LOK clutch   REV-LOK clutch EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 8:47 am

I shift all the time without using my stock clutch, shifting with the auto clutch should be the same.
You just need to back off the throttle for a split second to unload the gears then shift.
It sounds like your trying to let off the gas untill the clutch disengauges, thats not nessisary and wont work as auto clutches engauge just above idle, the revs dont need to drop much at all to shift.
Back to top Go down
TD

REV-LOK clutch Empty
PostSubject: Re: REV-LOK clutch   REV-LOK clutch EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 2:46 pm

TD wrote:
I just bought a 2010 WR250R with REV-LOK Clutch. If I let off the gas while upshifting, it locks up and won't upshift. It is not the DYNA RING type, it appears the pressure plate and the rest has been replaced with the REV-LOK parts. I am not fond of it so far and would consider replacing with the stock clutch unless someone can give me directions on adjustment for shifting. If I do replace, does anyone know what parts are need. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You for your response. It just seems like it would be hard on the transmission if the clutch doesn't disengage. You are right I am really trying to back off a lot. I will try your method and see if I can do it. I think if I want the stock clutch I have to buy basically the whole clutch. The only parts I received was the old pressure plate and springs. Could be quite costly to change out. I am thinking $400.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

REV-LOK clutch Empty
PostSubject: Re: REV-LOK clutch   REV-LOK clutch EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 4:34 pm

People have been debating whether or not clutchless shifting is hard on bikes transmissions since bikes were invented lol.
I've done it since I started riding bikes 20 years ago and havent seen a transmission fail yet because of it.
Back to top Go down
TD

REV-LOK clutch Empty
PostSubject: Re: REV-LOK clutch   REV-LOK clutch EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 5:48 pm

[You are probably right, as long as the gears aren't grinding when you shift there is no damage. I did try it like you said and it does click into gear. I have been riding for 50 years, yeaw I'm 65. I think that I have always babied the bike to a certain extent and in some cases like this one it's not the right approach. Do you know if there is a market for the REV-LOK clutch, I think I may try to sell it and put in the stock?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

REV-LOK clutch Empty
PostSubject: Re: REV-LOK clutch   REV-LOK clutch Empty

Back to top Go down

REV-LOK clutch
Page 1 of 1