Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Seal name and norm help

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bigg

bigg

Seal name and norm help Empty
PostSubject: Seal name and norm help   Seal name and norm help EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 4:09 am

anybody know the name and DIN or ISO norm for the type of seal in picture? I've been looking for 2 hours and found nothing! problem is I already drew several of them in my drawing and would need to change them all if I can't find the proper Norm for them GAHHHH

Seal name and norm help Pictur10

any help appreciated! Very happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seal name and norm help   Seal name and norm help EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 2:43 pm

Those are some very unique seals. They do not appear to have springs, and they sit in a groove. If they are special maybe there is no ISO or DIN standard.

http://www.skf.com/files/100129.pdf
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: Seal name and norm help   Seal name and norm help EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 3:14 pm

I actually found them in my SKF bearing catalogue and thought they'd be mentioned somewhere in the 1000 pages. very stupid of me. shouldn't have been so lazy Shog . checked the skf seals on their site, as well as your pdf and found none like it.

maybe you are right though, they may have used them as an example, and there may be no standard for them... in which case I either keep them as they are and hope my professor doesn't care, or change them with a standard seal.

sigh... guess I have more work ahead of me baldy

thanks anyway!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seal name and norm help   Seal name and norm help Empty

Back to top Go down

Seal name and norm help
Page 1 of 1