Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Bye Bye Harely...Hello WRR!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
paramedicaa

Bye Bye Harely...Hello WRR! Empty
PostSubject: Bye Bye Harely...Hello WRR!   Bye Bye Harely...Hello WRR! EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 3:18 pm

Finally found what I was looking for. Searched up and down the west coast for a used WRR, but as soon as they were advertised...GONE!!! Alas, someone who was an idiot when it comes to posting on CL. Never put the model, just "08 Yamaha". Terrible picutre of the bike in a truck and stated "need money ASAP". First thought-stolen! Nope. (Working in public safety, you can ask for special favors from your cop friends.) So, emails were sent back and forth and without even talking, I got them from $5000 down to $3200. Also discovered that it was bone stock with 1356 miles on it. (Guy was getting a divorce and needed to get rid of it fast.) So on Wednesday, on 4 hours of sleep, I loaded the dog into the truck and drove 3.5 hours to the Central Oregon coast. The second I saw the bike, I knew I'd buy it. The bike was perfect! No rust on the chain, air filter was clean, oil was amber, susupension traveled smooth and ran through the gears like butter. Check to make sure the VIN was the same as the number they had sent me and the deal was done. Loaded up the bike, drove home...long day...and within 24 hours, dropped another $1700 on parts. It's currently in pieces in my garage waiting for it's make over. I almost feel a little guilty about taking the bike away for so cheap...almost wings
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye Harely...Hello WRR!   Bye Bye Harely...Hello WRR! EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 9:16 pm

Great.
Sounds like a fair price, too.
Back to top Go down
I<3Mountains

PostSubject: got mine   Bye Bye Harely...Hello WRR! EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 10:51 pm

got mine for 2300 with 6000 miles needing a fuel pump
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye Harely...Hello WRR!   Bye Bye Harely...Hello WRR! EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 5:22 am

I<3Mountains wrote:
got mine for 2300 with 6000 miles needing a fuel pump

Sounds great.Good luck with the makeover.
Back to top Go down
Peterbuilt

Peterbuilt

PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye Harely...Hello WRR!   Bye Bye Harely...Hello WRR! EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 10:06 am

Sounds like a great purchase.. Post up some pics of it when you get a chance.

You're gonna love it!
Back to top Go down
paramedicaa

PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye Harely...Hello WRR!   Bye Bye Harely...Hello WRR! EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:21 pm

http://paramedicaa.tumblr.com/image/48900551794
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye Harely...Hello WRR!   Bye Bye Harely...Hello WRR! Empty

Back to top Go down

Bye Bye Harely...Hello WRR!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: New Members-
Jump to: