Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

questions about yamalink

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jarabe1

jarabe1

questions about yamalink Empty
PostSubject: questions about yamalink   questions about yamalink EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 8:44 pm

Hi guys I am pretty new and have a lot of question but I guess I have to put each in each category.

What do you guys think about the yamalink?, what are the advantages of lowering?. I am 5'9 and bike fits just fine in stock config but I read in a store that the yamalink improves handling no matter how tall rider is.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: questions about yamalink   questions about yamalink EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 7:59 pm

Save your money and use the ride height adjuster on the bottom of the shock to lower the bike up to .09 of an inch.

I prefer the way the bike handles with the rear lowered .9 of an inch and the front at stock height.
The stock setting always felt too high in the rear and the front felt heavy, commonly called a stink bug stance.
With the rear lowered the bike feels more balanced front to rear for me and the front end still sticks great in any type of corner, which can be an issue if you lower the rear and not the front on most bikes.

edit I just clued in your on a X, not sure if this still aplys to them, im an off road guy on a R.
Back to top Go down
Wingnut037

Wingnut037

PostSubject: Re: questions about yamalink   questions about yamalink EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 1:37 am

At 5'9" the stock lowering should be sufficient on the X unless you are all torso. My wife at 5'4" needed the yamalink as well to flatfoot comfortably. With the link, stock lowering in the rear, dropping the front one inch, and a low seat, her X seat height is over 4 inches lower than mine fully raised.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: questions about yamalink   questions about yamalink Empty

Back to top Go down

questions about yamalink
Page 1 of 1