Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

That sad moment when you discover a new trail...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
oic0

oic0

That sad moment when you discover a new trail... Empty
PostSubject: That sad moment when you discover a new trail...   That sad moment when you discover a new trail... EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 9:59 am

"Oh I think I'll try this side street close to my house, wonder whats down here!"
"Oh looks like a trail on the side of the road, need to go back and check that out"
"Woah this is a really long trail that's decently well kept!, but my bike is wearing pure sport tires, making this soft ground and mud quite difficult!"

First time I've regretted my tire purchase. The trail is too far to sneak over to on my dirt bike, but just a little too hairy for street tires. I almost got stuck several times and every obstacle I went over or through was one of those "I made it this time, will I make it again on the way back after that trench I just dug?" Guess I'll go back during a drought and see just how far back it goes.
Back to top Go down
akHuff

akHuff

That sad moment when you discover a new trail... Empty
PostSubject: Re: That sad moment when you discover a new trail...   That sad moment when you discover a new trail... EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 12:55 pm

Hahah Yeah. Right before last season ended, I left my house and was like yeah I'm going to hit that trail up just down the road that I've driven by everyday this summer. Well it had been raining... hit the trail going maybe 30 or so, I'm think yeah cool powerline trail. Well the trail transitioned from gravelish stuff to wet hard clay and I proceeded to do a 180 at speed into the bushes hah yeah so I got me and the bike off the ground and kept heading down the trail did the same thing again even with being careful... so I was like screw this, turned around and was going reaaallly slow bam bam bam 3 more times I ate it getting back to the road, no matter what I did clutch, no clutch, higher gear kept eatin clay and bush... now when people ask me how many times I crashed last summer, I consider that instance all one crash. Fun stuff though.
Back to top Go down

That sad moment when you discover a new trail...
Page 1 of 1