Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

coolant and engine heat ???

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JN92

coolant and engine heat ??? Empty
PostSubject: coolant and engine heat ???   coolant and engine heat ??? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 2:36 am

Hey guys, just picked up a 2008 wrr and have some questions. First I went to flush and clean out the old coolant and noticed the old coolant looked brown, and smelt sour. Flushed it out real good with about a gallon and a half with distilled water. The water is coming out clean now except for small black specks which look like plastic or rubber. Anyone know what this is?

Second question is, when riding you x/r does it get warm/hot on the right leg foot area?

Also theres 3 other 8mm bolts where the coolant drain is, can i take those of and look inside??

Will flush it again tomorrow and oil change too. Thanks

Back to top Go down
xy500

PostSubject: Re: coolant and engine heat ???   coolant and engine heat ??? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 5:21 am

JN92 wrote:
Hey guys, just picked up a 2008 wrr and have some questions. First I went to flush and clean out the old coolant and noticed the old coolant looked brown, and smelt sour. Flushed it out real good with about a gallon and a half with distilled water. The water is coming out clean now except for small black specks which look like plastic or rubber. Anyone know what this is?
No idea, but i get them too. Maybe bits of plastic from the impeller? no biggie

Second question is, when riding you x/r does it get warm/hot on the right leg foot area?
It gets warm on the right side of the bike generally as the rad is on that side, and the exhaust.

Also theres 3 other 8mm bolts where the coolant drain is, can i take those of and look inside??
sure, thats the impeller cover, all you will see behind it is the water pump impeller.

Back to top Go down
JN92

PostSubject: Re: coolant and engine heat ???   coolant and engine heat ??? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 5:33 am

xy500 wrote:
JN92 wrote:
No idea, but i get them too. Maybe bits of plastic from the impeller? no biggie

It gets warm on the right side of the bike generally as the rad is on that side, and the exhaust.

sure, thats the impeller cover, all you will see behind it is the water pump impeller.

Thanks for the reply! About the black specks, does yours look like black pepper?

Now I just have to find out why the coolant came out so dirty scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: coolant and engine heat ???   coolant and engine heat ??? Empty

Back to top Go down

coolant and engine heat ???
Page 1 of 1