Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Stock gearing and clutch whellie

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kpla51

kpla51

Stock gearing and clutch whellie Empty
PostSubject: Stock gearing and clutch whellie   Stock gearing and clutch whellie EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:00 am

Was trying to clutch it in second today and couldn't seem to get it more that a foot off the ground is this because of the stock gearing?
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Stock gearing and clutch whellie   Stock gearing and clutch whellie EmptySun May 05, 2013 6:04 am

The stock gearing is pretty tall for a 250 but it'll come up in second stock.

Shift your weight back further, if its comiing up a foot it'll come up to the balance point.
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: Stock gearing and clutch whellie   Stock gearing and clutch whellie EmptySun May 05, 2013 10:33 am

would it be better in 3rd? iv never had a problem on my crf450r this is my first 250. also what gearing do you guys run? i mainly do city driving and a lot of trails but once in a while will hit highway for about an hour to an off road park. thanks for all the help in advance. thumb
Back to top Go down
Peterbuilt

Peterbuilt

PostSubject: Re: Stock gearing and clutch whellie   Stock gearing and clutch whellie EmptySun May 05, 2013 11:34 am

i have 13/48.. It wheelies pretty good.. clutches up in third with a little tug of the bars.. but i've got the big bore and a bunch of chit done to it...

change your gearing is the first thing i'd say to do..
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: Stock gearing and clutch whellie   Stock gearing and clutch whellie EmptySun May 05, 2013 11:51 am

now to figure out what gearing would best suit me!
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: Stock gearing and clutch whellie   Stock gearing and clutch whellie EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:35 pm

Try a butt plop. Sit towards the back, lift year rear a bit, and plop down as you let the clutch back out. Mine will come up in second like that without any clutch.
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

PostSubject: Re: Stock gearing and clutch whellie   Stock gearing and clutch whellie EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:52 pm

You can power wheelie in second like that? Are you in the lower or higher rpm range?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stock gearing and clutch whellie   Stock gearing and clutch whellie Empty

Back to top Go down

Stock gearing and clutch whellie
Page 1 of 1