Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

"CO" Setting

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LordMDP

"CO" Setting Empty
PostSubject: "CO" Setting   "CO" Setting EmptySun May 12, 2013 12:32 am

Has anyone whose richened their bike using the diagnostic "CO" setting actually dyno your bike to see if it improve the whole RPM range. I can't ebelieve we dont have any proof one way or another. I just did it too my bike and i'm thinking about buying a A/F sensor to see
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

"CO" Setting Empty
PostSubject: Re: "CO" Setting   "CO" Setting EmptySun May 12, 2013 7:25 am

LordMDP wrote:
Has anyone whose richened their bike using the diagnostic "CO" setting actually dyno your bike to see if it improve the whole RPM range. I can't ebelieve we dont have any proof one way or another. I just did it too my bike and i'm thinking about buying a A/F sensor to see

The stuff I have read on this forum says that it impacts the AF ratio from idle to about 1/8 throttle.

How much does an AF sensor cost? Most of the ones I have seen on the web are around $300 for a decent wide band sensor.

Wouldn't it be cheaper just to head to a Dyno shop and do a couple of runs?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

"CO" Setting Empty
PostSubject: Re: "CO" Setting   "CO" Setting EmptySun May 12, 2013 8:28 am

The CO adjustment is the electronic fuel injection version of turning the fuel screw on a carburetor.
It has an effect at idle and tiny throttle openings.
Intended as a way to fine-tune or trim air/fuel mixture around idle speeds and won't do anything beyond that.

It wouldn't make sense that an EPA-regulated motorcycle would allow you to change to richer settings to a large degree so easily and without spending any money on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"CO" Setting Empty
PostSubject: Re: "CO" Setting   "CO" Setting Empty

Back to top Go down

"CO" Setting
Page 1 of 1