Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Durhamtown and Highland Park GA

Go down 
AuthorMessage
gatorfan

gatorfan

Durhamtown - Durhamtown and Highland Park GA Empty
PostSubject: Durhamtown and Highland Park GA   Durhamtown - Durhamtown and Highland Park GA EmptySun May 12, 2013 2:58 am

Just got back from a week at Durhamtown Plantation and Highland Park Off Road Park in Georgia. Both are monster size Off Road Parks.

DURHAMTOWN: Primary trails are wide and very well groomed. Maybe too well groomed. Secondary trails are more narrow with a nice balance of grooming vs. rocks,ruts and roots. There are also lots of "play areas" like a hill climbing area, a canyon area etc. They have 6 MX tracks that I am not in a position to review but I will say they looked very impressive. The kind of stuff you see on TV. None of the trails are especially difficult. The novice or low intermediate rider will be in off road heaven. If you are looking for very technical trails Durhamtown is not for you. Amenities and staff were excellent. There are a lot of ATV's at Durhamtown.

HIGHLAND PARK: Incredible. Only 2 primary "loop" trails - wide, mostly groomed - but they are long, fairly challenging and have some very nice hill climbs. The primary loops are great rides for a low intermediate rider or better riders who want to go really fast but with enough technical stuff to keep them honest. The secondary trails all come off the primary trails and are rated from 2 to 5 diamonds. I did the 2 and 3 diamond trails and they are plenty challenging with some steep, rocky climbs. 4 diamonds are considered expert and 5 they call "Superman" and strongly recommend "fresh tires" for 5 diamond trails.  poser2  All the trails are PERFECTLY MARKED and there is no chance of going down the wrong trail - NONE. thumb thumb  Amenities are very limited at HP except for a real nice Pro Shop. ATV's are allowed at HP but they don't rent them and I suspect they get very few of them ( I saw one over 3 days).

BOTH PARKS ALL TRAILS ARE ONE WAY - SWEET!

Bottom line: Durhamtown for beginners, novice and low intermediate riders. Highland Park for all level riders including beginners (though the bulk of the trails are for better riders).

Attention Florida Riders: If you've been to Croom and think it's awesome then get your butt up to DP or HP and you will have died and went to heaven.

Croom is a 2, DP is an 8 and HP is a 10. Actually, that's way too generous to Croom. Croom is like skiing down a hill in your backyard and HP is like skiing in Aspen. Just Go.
Back to top Go down

Durhamtown and Highland Park GA
Page 1 of 1