Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

newbie already getting in trouble by being too old

Go down 
+12
sturgeon
unclechet
34wrc
Ken Mandu
BuilderBob
motokid
reveille
flydnb
YZEtc
saddletramp
Potentate
gburycomputers
16 posters
AuthorMessage
gburycomputers

newbie already getting in trouble by being too old Empty
PostSubject: newbie already getting in trouble by being too old   newbie already getting in trouble by being too old EmptyThu May 23, 2013 9:36 pm

just bought a wr250r (I'm 38) and am getting griefed by everyone at work that I bought a dirtbike and that this vehicle is something a highschool kid should have and not an old dude.... help me down off the ledge here. I keep tellin people it is a dual sport!
Back to top Go down
Potentate

PostSubject: Re: newbie already getting in trouble by being too old   newbie already getting in trouble by being too old EmptyThu May 23, 2013 9:46 pm

gburycomputers wrote:
just bought a wr250r (I'm 38) and am getting griefed by everyone at work that I bought a dirtbike and that this vehicle is something a highschool kid should have and not an old dude.... help me down off the ledge here. I keep tellin people it is a dual sport!

Haters are gonna hate. You didn't buy the bike for them. For me this bike was THE bike I wanted. It's an amazing go anywhere do anything machine. I think they're just jealous, a guy I work with hated on me for buying a 250, he rode mine and next thing you know he was trying to find someone to trade his xr650 for a wrr.

Get out there and ride. wings
Back to top Go down
saddletramp

PostSubject: Re: newbie already getting in trouble by being too old   newbie already getting in trouble by being too old EmptyThu May 23, 2013 10:21 pm

I get that sometimes as well. Then again, I am 55, soon to be 56. I say "Faark em", bought the bike for me, not them. I don't give a hoot what others think.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: newbie already getting in trouble by being too old   newbie already getting in trouble by being too old EmptyThu May 23, 2013 10:28 pm

They're probably too out of shape to even think about that kind of stuff.
Back to top Go down
flydnb

PostSubject: Re: newbie already getting in trouble by being too old   newbie already getting in trouble by being too old EmptyFri May 24, 2013 8:49 am

fuck them , theres loads of over 40s with this bike , here in the uk we ride allsorts at all ages , there are lots of sports bike owners over here in there 60s and 70s . we have poole bike night every Tuesday with over 1000 bikes attending sometimes and I rode my wr there and had more positive comments and admiring nods than a lot of sports bikes and customs.

http://www.poolebikenight.net/
Back to top Go down
reveille

PostSubject: Re: newbie already getting in trouble by being too old   newbie already getting in trouble by being too old EmptyFri May 24, 2013 9:07 am

YZEtc wrote:
They're probably too out of shape to even think about that kind of stuff.

A big +1 to that comment. You nailed it hard thumb
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: newbie already getting in trouble by being too old   newbie already getting in trouble by being too old EmptyFri May 24, 2013 9:08 am

I will be 50 years old this coming Tuesday.

Laugh at your ignorant co-workers - they're either jealous morons, or just plain morons.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
BuilderBob

BuilderBob

PostSubject: Re: newbie already getting in trouble by being too old   newbie already getting in trouble by being too old EmptyFri May 24, 2013 9:55 am

38? Pfft.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: newbie already getting in trouble by being too old   newbie already getting in trouble by being too old EmptyFri May 24, 2013 10:25 am

BuilderBob wrote:
38? Pfft.

I know, right.

I can barely remember what I was doing when I was that young. Very happy

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Ken Mandu

PostSubject: Re: newbie already getting in trouble by being too old   newbie already getting in trouble by being too old EmptySat May 25, 2013 4:08 pm

Holy smokes. I'm 56 and just bought my new 2012 WRR Tue the 21st. I was about 40 when I last really romped on a dirt bike. It was an old used CR250, air cooled, dual shock thing. But it's ok. I ain't skeered.
Back to top Go down
34wrc

PostSubject: Re: newbie already getting in trouble by being too old   newbie already getting in trouble by being too old EmptySun May 26, 2013 10:53 pm

I'm 40 in September and just bought a 2012 WR250R. I used to have the 2009 WR250X but sold that a while back to buy my R6.

The guys are right. Your work mates are just jealous. I know mine are.. lol..

I used to have an 80s XR250 for offroad but sold it because it was unregistered and I didn't have a bike trailer.

That was over 5 years ago now so I took the plunge to get back out in the dirt with the WR and not looking back.
Back to top Go down
unclechet

PostSubject: Re: newbie already getting in trouble by being too old   newbie already getting in trouble by being too old EmptyMon May 27, 2013 1:04 am

As I mentioned in my "newbie" post I'm 57 and just ordered up a WRR. I don't see anything wrong with it at all. I rode, raced, competed and worked in the industry for 25 years, took a break and now ready to start again. Now, I probably won't be out racing and doing crazy things but I am looking forward to trail riding and exploring local dirt roads and such. Very excited as a matter of fact.
Back to top Go down
sturgeon

sturgeon

PostSubject: Re: newbie already getting in trouble by being too old   newbie already getting in trouble by being too old EmptyMon May 27, 2013 11:05 am

I'm 63, and I just spent a whole 3-day weekend on mine. I've got boots older than 38 deal
Back to top Go down
34wrc

PostSubject: Re: newbie already getting in trouble by being too old   newbie already getting in trouble by being too old EmptyMon May 27, 2013 9:38 pm

63? Sturgeon your the man. I hope I'm out there like you when I get there...
Back to top Go down
TKO

TKO

PostSubject: Re: newbie already getting in trouble by being too old   newbie already getting in trouble by being too old EmptyTue May 28, 2013 7:50 am

54 here and just got back from a three day adventure.

newbie already getting in trouble by being too old Img_2011
Back to top Go down
georgis4

georgis4

PostSubject: Re: newbie already getting in trouble by being too old   newbie already getting in trouble by being too old EmptyTue May 28, 2013 3:02 pm

Yes its for highschool kids and i m 35.so what?:-D lol
They are just jealous and want to say their crap..:-) dont listen anyone just your heart;-)
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: newbie already getting in trouble by being too old   newbie already getting in trouble by being too old EmptyWed May 29, 2013 12:46 am

Actually I thought it was the perfect old guys bike. Light enough to pick up; not too much power so I don't get in trouble. Got 20,000 miles on it and starting to wish for a wr450. I'll be 74 next birthday.
Back to top Go down
jason meacham

jason meacham

PostSubject: Re: newbie already getting in trouble by being too old   newbie already getting in trouble by being too old EmptyWed May 29, 2013 7:27 am

i deal with the same shit where I work..they either have 150hp sportbikes or big slow Harleys,,,i always tell them that they are only having half the fun because they are stuck to the roads,,,,my wrr can go anywhere
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: newbie already getting in trouble by being too old   newbie already getting in trouble by being too old Empty

Back to top Go down

newbie already getting in trouble by being too old
Page 1 of 1