Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

ticking noise question

Go down 
+3
oic0
georgis4
motardmixion
7 posters
AuthorMessage
motardmixion

motardmixion

ticking noise question Empty
PostSubject: ticking noise question   ticking noise question EmptySun May 26, 2013 12:10 am

hey guys, my bike got 6k on the odo now! been changing the oil every 1k miles with yamalube and a k&n filter.....well anywho...idk if im being way to anal about it but some times i hear a very slight ticking noise from the left side of the engine...goes away when i rev it up...I doubt the timing chain guide is already wearing out. its not super loud just a faint tick sound....just wondering if anyone has had to already replace the timing chain guides? and only at 6k miles? if so if there a thread out there on this topic?

are the valve trains on these engins just loud and noisy ?

thanks

I hear the ticking noise on cold starts and sometimes when its fully warmed up
Back to top Go down
motardmixion

motardmixion

PostSubject: Re: ticking noise question   ticking noise question EmptySun May 26, 2013 12:28 am

ive been reading alot of different threads started by other fellow wr owners...and its seems that these bikes are just plain noisy....the ticking noise hasnt gotten any worse or and quieter...so ill just live with it. ill keep a ear on it...6k miles i shoudnt need anything internal haha!

this is just my pride and joy and im wanting to keep it awhile and take care if it. haha

gets me a little paranoid sometimes i guess
Back to top Go down
georgis4

georgis4

PostSubject: Re: ticking noise question   ticking noise question EmptySun May 26, 2013 6:04 am

These motors are noisy dont worry.mine has 5800km and it got a bit noisy by the time....if you want to hear more noises put on a skid plate lol :-D.it just reflects any noise to your ears:-)
Back to top Go down
motardmixion

motardmixion

PostSubject: Re: ticking noise question   ticking noise question EmptySun May 26, 2013 12:38 pm

Haha yeah I prolly will lol
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: ticking noise question   ticking noise question EmptyTue May 28, 2013 10:48 am

Mine makes a lot of racket when I first crank it, but settles down after about 3 seconds. ~13,000 miles on it.
As for the tick sound, you'll get that from most any exposed OHV engine thats not so loud that it covers it up. The time to worry is if there are any sudden changes.
Back to top Go down
stevo66

stevo66

PostSubject: Re: ticking noise question   ticking noise question EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 4:20 am

my ticking noise turned into a knocking noise over the weekend while I was on a 2 day trail ride , anyone got any ideas as to what it could be scratch as I was convinced its coming from the left side of the bike I checked the front sprocket/nut while on a rest stop and was surprised by how very hot it was, is that normal dunno , bike runs ok and only seems to make the noise at low speed under load cry 
bike is 09 r with 2700 miles on the clock. in the process of tearing it down to inspect for any wear , any and all advise welcome.
thanks
steve.
Back to top Go down
flydnb

PostSubject: noisy   ticking noise question EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 6:30 pm

guys your all being overly anal not in a gay way, I was talking to a good mate that works for crescent motorcycles here in the uk they run the world superbike team crescent fixi, anyway he said these little 4 strokes are noisy and metallic sounding by there nature they can take quite extreme abuse , they are designed to be revved hence there power curve is all at the top, as long as you stick to the service schedule and change the oil and filter they will give sterling service.
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: ticking noise question   ticking noise question EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 7:02 pm

Hope you don't have any issues....but wait 'till ya get to hear it with a skid plate.

For that engine to work that hard, and well....I'll put up with a little too much chorus.
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: ticking noise question   ticking noise question EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 8:48 am

Are you running your chain too tight? A happy chain is a cool one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ticking noise question   ticking noise question Empty

Back to top Go down

ticking noise question
Page 1 of 1