Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Factory fork and shock rebound adjustment range

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
iFlyLow

iFlyLow

Factory fork and shock rebound adjustment range Empty
PostSubject: Factory fork and shock rebound adjustment range   Factory fork and shock rebound adjustment range EmptyFri May 31, 2013 2:36 am

The manual says there are 25 clicks of rebound adjustment for the rear shock and 17 clicks for the forks. When going full hard i will hit the end and the adjuster will not turn anymore. When this happens the rebound valve should be fully open. When searching for full soft (clockwise looking from top of rear shock or front fork) i passed 25 and went to 50! on the front i went to 30 clicks. it felt like it could keep going but i didnt want click anymore in fear of tightening something too much or crushing the internal valve..it wasnt getting any harder to turn.?. dunno

should i just go full open on the valve and count the clicks towards hard (closed) based on the factory recommended range?

this does not happen with the compression circuit. I can find fully open and closed.

I have a 2012 model. Dont know if that matters but the manual makes it sound like it varies for different years and to double check adjustment range.

Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Factory fork and shock rebound adjustment range   Factory fork and shock rebound adjustment range EmptyFri May 31, 2013 7:11 am

When looking down at the rebound adjuster on top of the fork, full hard is turned in a clockwise direction, just as if you were tightening a bolt with a wrench.
Making the damping softer is counterclockwise, just as if you were loosening a bolt with a wrench.

Same for the other clickers.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Factory fork and shock rebound adjustment range   Factory fork and shock rebound adjustment range EmptyFri May 31, 2013 12:18 pm

I read something similar to this elsewhere recently.

The advise was to always count clicks from fully closed. When the needle/valve is closed you you're at minimum flow. Any clicks out from there should be directly comparable to any other bike of the same model, regardless of many total clicks it takes to reach the other end of the adjustment.
Back to top Go down
iFlyLow

iFlyLow

PostSubject: Re: Factory fork and shock rebound adjustment range   Factory fork and shock rebound adjustment range EmptyFri May 31, 2013 10:53 pm

pbnut wrote:

The advise was to always count clicks from fully closed. When the needle/valve is closed you you're at minimum flow. Any clicks out from there should be directly comparable to any other bike of the same model, regardless of many total clicks it takes to reach the other end of the adjustment.

I cant find fully closed. It keeps turning. I can go fully open (full hard). I also find the above advise hard to believe because that would assume all rebound and compression circuit valves are the same size for all forks and shocks?? Im sure showa and kyb use different size valve holes and adjustments ranges, even race tech offers different valves for our forks.

I have a cane creek double barrel shock on my dh bike. It has low /high speed compression and rebound adjustments and i can find both endpoints on the it. As you can tell this is my first moto with adjustable sus and im confused as to why it keeps on turning..............
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: Factory fork and shock rebound adjustment range   Factory fork and shock rebound adjustment range EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 12:02 am

iFlyLow wrote:
pbnut wrote:

I cant find fully closed. It keeps turning. I can go fully open (full hard).

You are mistaken. Turning it clockwise closes the valve (maximum dampening). If it continues to turn with no end in sight something must be damaged inside.

Factory fork and shock rebound adjustment range Untitl10

Quote :
I also find the above advise hard to believe because that would assume all rebound and compression circuit valves are the same size for all forks and shocks?? Im sure showa and kyb use different size valve holes and adjustments ranges, even race tech offers different valves for our forks.
I'll re-quote for emphasis.
Quote :
Any clicks out from there should be directly comparable to any other bike of the same model
i.e. WR250R/X to WR250R/X or DRZ400S to DRZ400S.
Back to top Go down
iFlyLow

iFlyLow

PostSubject: Re: Factory fork and shock rebound adjustment range   Factory fork and shock rebound adjustment range EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 12:36 am

oops i got myself confused. I meant to say I can find full hard on the fork rebound but when going soft i will go past 17 clicks and keep going till about 25.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Factory fork and shock rebound adjustment range   Factory fork and shock rebound adjustment range Empty

Back to top Go down

Factory fork and shock rebound adjustment range
Page 1 of 1