Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

fmf powercore 4 question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
motardmixion

motardmixion

fmf powercore 4 question Empty
PostSubject: fmf powercore 4 question   fmf powercore 4 question EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 1:43 am

okay guys, question for ya,

any one thats got a powercore 4 pipe notice a raspy noise while riding? almost like a buzzing sound....

its weird because when im riding im hearing that.....when I lean all the way forward the buzzing noise goes away....
what im coming up with is the fact that the exhaust noise while im on the bike is actually resonating off me or my helmet, i know sounds crazy, maybe I am haha

thinking about putting the stock spark arrestor in and see if that changes anything with the sound....

If its still doing the same thing ill probably order the q4 insert..
does anyone have experience with the insert? does if rob power from you??

thanks yall

Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: fmf powercore 4 question   fmf powercore 4 question EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 7:45 am

The pc4 at WOT, is a bit noisy...and that noise can reflect around I'm sure.
If the packing is worn, it will get those raspy harmonics going on.

Once repacked, mine seemed to go back to a more solid tone...just as loud really, but cleaner tone. Especially, WOT.

I made a "q4 like" silencer, from another fmf pipe and it seemed to clean the tone up at WOT, another notch again.

I've tried a few different silencers in my pc4 and can't tell any, real, difference in power. Only ,to the point, at first, when I would guess if I lost power or just tone...still not sure...stopped wondering...bike feels as good as ever.
Back to top Go down
motardmixion

motardmixion

PostSubject: Flame shot pic!   fmf powercore 4 question EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 11:07 am

mucker wrote:
The pc4 at WOT, is a bit noisy...and that noise can reflect around I'm sure.
If the packing is worn, it will get those raspy harmonics going on.

Once repacked, mine seemed to go back to a more solid tone...just as loud really, but cleaner tone. Especially, WOT.

I made a "q4 like" silencer, from another fmf pipe and it seemed to clean the tone up at WOT, another notch again.

I've tried a few different silencers in my pc4 and can't tell any, real, difference in power. Only ,to the point, at first, when I would guess if I lost power or just tone...still not sure...stopped wondering...bike feels as good as ever.

Ill check the packing, i mean i guess i could have blown some of it apart but i highly doubt it since its only been on the bike for 3 days now and i bought it brand new from fmf....but ya never know, i was shooting some badass flames right when I started playinng around with the tune settings. so i guess that could have burnt some of it up haha

gopro flame shot!

Image hosted by servimg.com" border="0" alt=""/>
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: fmf powercore 4 question   fmf powercore 4 question EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 11:15 am

I don't think you need packing, according that.

You do have the fmf spark arrestor in place..?...that would make a good difference as well.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: fmf powercore 4 question   fmf powercore 4 question EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 3:44 pm

Skids plates have been know to mess with acoustics too.
Back to top Go down
motardmixion

motardmixion

PostSubject: Re: fmf powercore 4 question   fmf powercore 4 question EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 4:42 pm

No I have the spark arrestor out right now. I used some different numbers and doesn't backfire much anymore. And no skid plate on my bike
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: fmf powercore 4 question   fmf powercore 4 question EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 8:30 pm

Without any insert my muffler makes some crazy overtones....can sound like a helicopter at idle and crazier.
Will knock your cap of if too close...you can feel it off your chest 20 feet behind me on a ride. And some big sparks for sure.

Without any insert, it is just a straight pipe.

If your AIS is still connected, you can get some pops.
Back to top Go down
motardmixion

motardmixion

PostSubject: Re: fmf powercore 4 question   fmf powercore 4 question EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 9:32 pm

mucker wrote:
Without any insert my muffler makes some crazy overtones....can sound like a helicopter at idle and crazier.
Will knock your cap of if too close...you can feel it off your chest 20 feet behind me on a ride. And some big sparks for sure.

Without any insert, it is just a straight pipe.

If your AIS is still connected, you can get some pops.

yeah haha i think im gonna order the q4 quiet insert...and all my ais is takin off
Back to top Go down
Big-O

PostSubject: Re: fmf powercore 4 question   fmf powercore 4 question EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 10:53 am

Which packing should I order if I have the FMF Q4? There are several choices and I'm not sure what the dimensions are of what they offer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fmf powercore 4 question   fmf powercore 4 question Empty

Back to top Go down

fmf powercore 4 question
Page 1 of 1