Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Leaking fork seal

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kpla51

kpla51

Leaking fork seal Empty
PostSubject: Leaking fork seal   Leaking fork seal EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 5:55 pm

So noticed a leak in my right fork the only thing I can notice is the spring around the bottom of the seal is stretched out its stretched out enough to the point where it falls to the bottom of the fork could this be the problem?
Back to top Go down
bambo

bambo

Leaking fork seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaking fork seal   Leaking fork seal EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 7:37 am

Think that might be the dust seal, #9>
Leaking fork seal FRONT_FORK

I got some mud in my fork seal a couple days ago and it leaked all over my brake rotor, caliper, rim, tire and the brake pads. I never noticed and just kept riding, after that the front brake didn't work, so I used a credit card to clean the dirt out of the seal. Cleaned up all the oil and sanded the pads but it still doesn't stop like it used to, so someone said I would need to get new pads since they were soaked in oil. budah
Back to top Go down
kpla51

kpla51

Leaking fork seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaking fork seal   Leaking fork seal EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 9:14 am

Did the seal stop leaking? I tried cleaning up under it and it didn't look to dirty I'm currious if that spring is a big part of the seal
Back to top Go down
bambo

bambo

Leaking fork seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaking fork seal   Leaking fork seal EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 12:42 pm

Bent a credit card to match the curved shape of the fork and carefully worked it passed (between tube and seal) and around the seal until no more sand/grit came out. After that it stopped the leak, but I will probably do a fork oil change in the near future and replace the seals. I think the spring is part of the dust seal not the oil seal(#7 on diagram) that keeps the oil in the tube...
Back to top Go down
bambo

bambo

Leaking fork seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaking fork seal   Leaking fork seal EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 1:37 pm

Some recommend a business card, water bottle or a thin feeler gauge....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Leaking fork seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaking fork seal   Leaking fork seal Empty

Back to top Go down

Leaking fork seal
Page 1 of 1