Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

tail light works but not the brake light

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Crazy M

tail light works but not the brake light Empty
PostSubject: tail light works but not the brake light   tail light works but not the brake light EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 8:09 pm

so i tested the switches, they work
tested the wires to the rear tail to check for breaks in the wires, they work
tried hooking the light right to the battery and the tail works but no brake..... anyone else have there brake light fail?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: tail light works but not the brake light   tail light works but not the brake light EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 5:24 am

Stock tail light - or aftermarket unit? 

Not sure if the bulb is a two element version or not. 

I've had a similar thing happen on cars and replacing the bulb fixed it. 

dunno

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Crazy M

PostSubject: Re: tail light works but not the brake light   tail light works but not the brake light EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 7:46 pm

stock light and its LED lights
Back to top Go down
Dread Bubbler

Dread Bubbler

PostSubject: Re: tail light works but not the brake light   tail light works but not the brake light EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 10:23 am

Do you use a speedohealer? You get this problem if you plug it in the wrong socket.
Back to top Go down
Crazy M

PostSubject: Re: tail light works but not the brake light   tail light works but not the brake light EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 12:57 pm

nope bone stock
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tail light works but not the brake light   tail light works but not the brake light EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 3:36 pm

You sure the brake light won't turn on, or is it stuck on and won't turn off? I just had mine stuck on and fixed it via the front brake cable
Back to top Go down
Crazy M

PostSubject: Re: tail light works but not the brake light   tail light works but not the brake light EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 5:03 pm

Jbbarrette wrote:
You sure the brake light won't turn on, or is it stuck on and won't turn off? I just had mine stuck on and fixed it via the front brake cable

well i sprayed the switches with brake clearner thinking it was jamed on but still nothing and the light isnt that bright so im thinking its off
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tail light works but not the brake light   tail light works but not the brake light EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 9:56 pm

Hmm, interesting. Ya, my light was super bright. Maybe the rear brake light switch has just gone bad then???
Back to top Go down
Mr.Black

Mr.Black

PostSubject: Re: tail light works but not the brake light   tail light works but not the brake light EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 2:47 pm

I had this problem before. If you take the light out there is a small resistor on one of the wires going into the brake light housing that got wet on me and stopped working. Replace this and your brake light should come back.
Back to top Go down
Crazy M

PostSubject: Re: tail light works but not the brake light   tail light works but not the brake light EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:11 pm

thanks MR. Black, will do!!!! i got 2 weeks before my trip to the dragon and i figured i should have a brake light for that
Back to top Go down
Crazy M

PostSubject: Re: tail light works but not the brake light   tail light works but not the brake light EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 5:28 pm

Well thats your problem

tail light works but not the brake light <a href=tail light works but not the brake light Img_0010" />
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tail light works but not the brake light   tail light works but not the brake light Empty

Back to top Go down

tail light works but not the brake light
Page 1 of 1