Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
yotamaster

yotamaster

Newbie Empty
PostSubject: Newbie   Newbie EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 5:12 pm

Hey everyone I am the new proud owner of a 2013 WR250R what a sweet bike! I just retired well semi retired my 1990 DR350 what a great bike it has been, still runs great but time for something new. Just breaking in the WR right now time to get some goodies for it and loose some baggage. This is a great site glad I found it look forward to looking at all the cool topics.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

Newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie   Newbie EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 8:44 pm

Welcome aboard.  :)

What is the off-road riding scene out there like?
Over here, it's basically a case of slim pickin's.
Back to top Go down
yotamaster

yotamaster

Newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie   Newbie EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 9:49 pm

Thanks,

It's awesome! Mountains, Desert and some single track in the Sierras. Probably a little rockier and dry than what you used to. It's great for Dual sporting so many possibility's. I ride a lot in Anza Borrego, San Bernadino mountains "Big Bear" and "Lake Arrowhead". For a real treat it's off to Kennedy Meadows 150 miles of motorcycle only single track trails in the Sierras.  They are always trying to close down the off road only areas that's why I believe a Dual sport is the way to go more options. Hows the riding in your area?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

Newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie   Newbie EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 10:42 pm

Oh, the terrain is quite rocky out here.
The ground is chock full of rocks and once a trail is established, all of those rocks seem to come to the surface as the dirt gradually erodes away.
Rock gardens abound with the occasional stretch of real dirt.

In Connecticut, there once upon a time were numerous riding spots that everyone seemed to know about and ride at.
The scam known as the environmental movement and the ATV Consent Decree (remember when 3-wheelers were "outlawed" (as everyone seems to say)) with the resulting fear of liability lawsuits changed that quite a bit as NO TRESPASSING and STAY OUT IN ORDER TO PROTECT THE THREE-TOED NEWT signs went up.

Today, it boils down to:

1) Join a motocross track club and ride the track.
2) Register your bike and ride one of the two legal trail riding spots in the state.
3) Play Robin Hood and ride where you want (which I don't recommend, but some guys do as they're looking for a place to ride).

Myself, I'd like to move to the northwest part of the country, someday.
Back to top Go down
yotamaster

yotamaster

Newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie   Newbie EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 2:35 pm

Wow maybe you should look into moving. The cool thing about Cali is you can find somewhere to ride year round mountains or desert. Maybe you need to plan a road trip out west. Heck Colorado, Utah, Arizona also have great riding areas. I havent got chance to get to any but am looking forward to it. Do you ever check out Rider Planet.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

Newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie   Newbie EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:41 pm

Moving is definitely on my mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie   Newbie Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1