Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS 4.7 with graphics

Go down 
+2
rsteiger
johnlt
6 posters
AuthorMessage
johnlt

IMS 4.7 with graphics Empty
PostSubject: IMS 4.7 with graphics   IMS 4.7 with graphics EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 4:09 pm

My IMS 4.7 gallon tank.  Installation was very straight forward and works great.  I put the IMS graphics on the tank and it transformed the look.  I like it:
IMS 4.7 with graphics IMG_0431-XL
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.7 with graphics   IMS 4.7 with graphics EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 6:43 am

Let me know how long those stay put.

Whenever I had tried putting graphics on a plastic tank in the past the graphics would begin to bubble within a day or two.
Back to top Go down
johnlt

PostSubject: graphics   IMS 4.7 with graphics EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 8:49 am

These have micro slits to allow them to breathe.  I also used a heat gun and fleece mitt to apply the graphics as this allows them to go around compound curves easily and heats the adhesive up to get a good seal.  It has been about 6 days now with several hundred miles in hot temps with no problem yet.  I'll let you know after another couple weeks.
Back to top Go down
johnlt

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.7 with graphics   IMS 4.7 with graphics EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 11:28 am

Its bee a couple weeks and over a thousand miles and they are holding fine.
Back to top Go down
danwray

danwray

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.7 with graphics   IMS 4.7 with graphics EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 2:36 pm

do those graphics come with the tank?
Back to top Go down
johnlt

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.7 with graphics   IMS 4.7 with graphics EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 8:02 pm

Nope, extra $59
Back to top Go down
sumodaddy2012

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.7 with graphics   IMS 4.7 with graphics EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:14 am

johnlt wrote:
Nope, extra $59
Does it sit funny feel heavy or handle diffrent I was thinking 3gal tank to still look sleak I am afrade of the bigger tank but its a much better buy for volume of fuel. Any input would be great. thanks
Back to top Go down
Pineapplehead

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.7 with graphics   IMS 4.7 with graphics EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 1:27 pm

Just curious if the graphics held up.
Thanks!
thumb
Back to top Go down
WolfpackFBNS

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.7 with graphics   IMS 4.7 with graphics EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 2:40 pm

sumodaddy2012 wrote:
johnlt wrote:
Nope, extra $59
Does it sit funny feel heavy or handle diffrent I was thinking 3gal tank to still look sleak I am afrade of the bigger tank but its a much better buy for volume of fuel. Any input would be great. thanks

I rode my brother's Honda with the big tank (4.1 gallon I think) and it did fine. I didn't notice any awkwardness at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMS 4.7 with graphics   IMS 4.7 with graphics Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS 4.7 with graphics
Page 1 of 1