Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Requesting some input re IMS and Safari tanks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JustWannaRide

Requesting some input re IMS and Safari tanks Empty
PostSubject: Requesting some input re IMS and Safari tanks   Requesting some input re IMS and Safari tanks EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 1:26 am

I've been wanting to upgrade my stock tank and I was wondering what you all suggest.

IMS 4.7 $400
Safari 3.7 $500

Is the Safari that much better to hold less and cost more?

Why did you all choose your tank IMS or Safari?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wrench

Fuzzy Wrench

PostSubject: Re: Requesting some input re IMS and Safari tanks   Requesting some input re IMS and Safari tanks EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 9:31 pm

i chose the IMS 4.7 because i didn't think the 3.7 was enough capacity... it's just wider, has its issues with the scavenging pump but it's pretty sturdy (i've gone down with it and it doesn't leak)...if you need to go the distance, go big...if you can handle less volume, go smaller...
Back to top Go down
Berwyn Henderson

PostSubject: Re: Requesting some input re IMS and Safari tanks   Requesting some input re IMS and Safari tanks EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 12:11 am

Got to remember that one gets better mileage at altitude. I was getting 70mpg with a big bore kit in Utah operating at 5 to 7 thousand feet until I broke my right leg in May. I use the 3.1 IMS and have yet to need more. I do carry a liter bottle but have yet to use it. 200 miles is a long way in the dirt between gas stations, but to each his own. By the way, I was not running hard, easy gate really. Berwyn
Back to top Go down
LordEndo

LordEndo

PostSubject: Re: Requesting some input re IMS and Safari tanks   Requesting some input re IMS and Safari tanks EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 12:47 pm

I've got the Safari.  It's a bit wider when you're in full up to the tank moto position for a turn, so your knees stick out a bit further.  Otherwise, very happy with it and it's still super rideable in the tight gnarly trails.
Back to top Go down
johnlt

PostSubject: IMS 4.7   Requesting some input re IMS and Safari tanks EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 2:50 pm

I went through the same trade-off last month and I went with the IMS 4.7.  The Safari 3.7 would have been enough but I opted for the $100 cheaper.  Not sorry at all.  Easy install and it works great.  The transfer vacuum pump empties the lobes nicely.  I marked the 2 gallon and 3 gallon levels and normally just fill it up to the 3 gallon level for normal riding around here.  It keeps the weight down low.  The tank does not interfere with standing and looks great.  Note my below post about the graphics.  I'd do the same thing again............
Back to top Go down
JustWannaRide

PostSubject: Re: Requesting some input re IMS and Safari tanks   Requesting some input re IMS and Safari tanks EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 9:02 pm

Thank you guys for the input. I think I will be ordering the IMS. $100 less and carries more fuel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Requesting some input re IMS and Safari tanks   Requesting some input re IMS and Safari tanks Empty

Back to top Go down

Requesting some input re IMS and Safari tanks
Page 1 of 1